MK4 Rear Caliper Upgrade (for MK3)

Hello there,

My vr6 is due for MOT in 3 weeks so I need to sort out the handbrake seizing issue I've been ignoring for months.

Can MK4 rear calipers be fitted without modification to the mk3?

Is the upgrade worthwhile? I understand they are aluminium and less prone to seizing/rust!?

Has anyone on the list made the change?

Cheers,

Steve

1996 GOLF VR6 OBD II

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I would love to know this also!! my mate has done his corado and says its an awesome mod!! so need to do mine!! got R32 fronts and it still will not stop very well at all!! need some help!

have you tried having tyres with tread on the cause if you can´t stop with 334mm disc´s on a car that weights 2-300kg less the and r32 then there is something very wrong.:-#

I would love to know this also!! my mate has done his corado and says its an awesome mod!! so need to do mine!! got R32 fronts and it still will not stop very well at all!! need some help!

have you tried having tyres with tread on the cause if you can´t stop with 334mm disc´s on a car that weights 2-300kg less the and r32 then there is something very wrong.:-#

with that size disc and calipers im suprised theres enough brakeing force from the master cylinder

sure u aint got a servo fault or an air leak on the vacuum line ???? i got 312s and that stop me on the spot ....

The car has brand new tyres and wheels and before the car had very sticky yoko's advans. i put the old 288's on my ex's gti and it stops better than mine now!?????

I think there must be a servo or master cylinder fault as it has allways been a crap stopper!

There are no leaks of break fluid anywhere and it has goodrich hoses all round! i am at a loss as for what to look for or do! was looking at big reds today on the bay but would really prefer not to part with £500+ on more calipers if it still wont help!!

Most folk with 312's including my dads s3 stop really welli just want some of that!!

Help most welcome!!!:^)

Dont think so!! did new fluid a while ago...

how do you bleed the abs pump?

The abs does kick in all the time and the actuator goes mental alot

been told bigger servo will not help and i need bigger master cylinder! if so what one is a straight fit?

But i am suprised that the standard one cant cope if thats the problem!??

it the black plastic tube goin from the intake main to the brake servo, just check it for any holes while the engine is running run ur hand along it and see if u can feel any air being sucked in ,,,, there should be a one way valve on it and to nipples (lol) with green covers on them ....