Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

andy I seem to have taken a walkie talkie home. sowwy!

No problem. Are you returning to the 'Ring to give it back? ;)

Cheers' date='

Andy

[/quote']

I can pick it up at the GTi spring fest and bring it down to the Bristol Volks fest, if you'll be there Andy.

I'm sure I will be. We can swap our exchanged radios back, if you want, too!

Cheers,

Andy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good pics there Andy. Bens car looks so low at the back with our beasty tent in the boot!!

Whats this about renting a GTI? Did you skip on the Audi then?

The track was closed in the morning, so I didn't get it. When I got there in the afternoon, someone had already rented it. The car I fancied most out of what was left was a Golf GTI with a DSG 'box. It was bloody brilliant!

Cheers,

Andy

I can pick it up at the GTi spring fest and bring it down to the Bristol Volks fest' date=' if you'll be there Andy.

[/quote']

Cheers,

Andy

I think so. Yours only has 600mah batteries in. No wonder they kept going flat ;-)

Hello, Back and safe.

I know all the keyboard fighters are ready to give us some grief. But yes that was us in the news. Bit of a nightmare but good fun at the same time. Reminded me of gumball rally....lol.

Just for the record i was not driving my brother was, if i was driving i would of done it faster....lol.

There were alot more people getting caught. 5 that i know of were germans. People can moan and groan all they like but we honestly thought we were in germany not holland. But the police know people cant tell because of the lack of signs and just wait for 100s of people.

But still it was breaking the law and we payed big time.

If anyone still has a problem come and speak to my face and dont hide behind a keyboard.

I want to say sorry if we have made a bad impression for the VR6OC.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Back to the rest of the trip, WOW it was amazing and i cant wait till the next one. It was great to meet everyone! Track was mind blowing! Camping was cold but worth it in the end. -7 C one night. My pillow was frozen...lol

Fair play to you Matt, you've put your hand up to it, so I certainly don't have a problem. It was suggested on another forum that you'd simply missed the Dutch border as the signage past Aachen is poor.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of the trip. Absolute shame about the weather but you got rewarded for your dedication.

Hello' date=' Back and safe.

Back to the rest of the trip, WOW it was amazing and i cant wait till the next one. It was great to meet everyone! Track was mind blowing! Camping was cold but worth it in the end. -7 C one night. My pillow was frozen...lol

[/quote']

Glad you and your brother are back safe and I cannot belive you stuck out the campsite - fair play :)

As for the incident - it's your own buisness end of !

I can pick it up at the GTi spring fest and bring it down to the Bristol Volks fest' date=' if you'll be there Andy.

[/quote']

Cheers,

Andy

I think so. Yours only has 600mah batteries in. No wonder they kept going flat ;-)

No wonder. I just put what came with them in there. Perhaps I'll upgrade for the next trip...

Cheers,

Andy

on that vid the corner i lost it at is 4.23ish the right hander

It's a tricky one' date=' that. There's a blind crest at the braking point and on the day you stuffed it, it was wet before the crest and a layer of crud after it. I [b']very nearly understeered off into the armco there too. You'd have stuffed it into me if I was unlucky. Fortunately, the ABS scrubbed off enough speed to get enough bite to turn in. I (almost) made a late apex, shall we say!

Cheers,

Andy

Back on the road again.... New belt and tensioner .. job done ready for the next time now... Quality pics Nige' date=' where can i get a copy of me being allowed to drive my car .lol..????

[/quote']

Thats' good news mate. Must have been a late night on Monday.

The watermarked version is here: http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2023032008/sized_nurburgring23032008%20174.JPG

Or else try emailing the photographer kristof.boels@telenet.be about a larger version, the photo reference is "nurburgring23032008 174" expect to pay a nominal fee. He's Belgian but has good English judging by his Northloop posts.