Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much cheapness!! I looked at their site the other day' date=' sailing is about 0700 so may be doing a Dover type stopover the night before then unless we are going for a later sailing, i.e. 11am.

[/quote']

I'll be staying at the Travel Inn in Dover the night before. Handily placed next to the motorway.

Cheers,

Andy

Well I'm ready to go to the Ring! I have my Nurburgring number plate surrounds direct from the nice peeps at Volkswizard! Just need the Deutsche plates to make it proper!

:-*

German style UK plates, or UK plates with the DE symbol on, are frowned upon in Germany big time. And as cars need to 100% road legal to get on the 'Ring it's not worth the risk.

Im definately interested in this' date=' spaces still open?

[/quote']

Absolutely, there are no set number of places (*) . Everyone books there own ferry place ( see previous posts for crossing details ). Camping doesn't need to be booked, just turn up and pay - cash - 11-15E a day. The hotel we are planning to use isn't taking Easter bookings yet; When it is I'll start a new thread to see who wants the warmth and comfort to see if we can wrangle a group discount.

TG

(*) the ferry we are all going to use holds around 200 cars!

There is no organised trip as such' date=' book your own ferry turn up at the same time so you join the group!

[/quote']

Speed Ferries runs like Easyjet, the earlier you book the cheaper the tickets. So this way is better than setting a date to have deposits in by. And is far easier to manage as no one has to chase money.

It will be organised in that meeting points and route across Europe will be arranged nearer the time and that you'll get support and help from the group if need be. We will get everyone back to the UK!

After last Easter, the thought of going across on my own again does raise the hairs on the back of my neck.

Sorry about this but I just wanted to confirm the crossings and times, are the below the same as most other people, would rather come across with the rest if you know what I mean...

21.3.2008 07:00 Dover - Boulogne

Fast Ferry

24.3.2008 20:50 Boulogne - Dover

Fast Ferry