hi guys,dont know if this is the right place to post but ah well,i have had my 4 motion for a week now and what a car so much more refined than the mk3 maybe not quite as quick but a lot more quieter,the grip is awesome in the wet,dont know how many mk4 4x4 owners on here but let me know how you find them to the mk3,i suppose i had better change my name now as well.

regards

Ive had my golf 4 motion for 3 weeks now and also run a corrado vr6.

I find that the golf does its best work below 4k where as at this point in the corrado, its just got well in its stride. I would say that for day to day real world drving that the 4 motion Feels quicker although once you have a clear road and can use the full power of the corrado, the corrado is the one that leaves you with a smile on your face.

The 4 motions are incredibly juicy too, well mine is anyway!

I have driven a golf vr6 recently and I would say that there is not a great deal of difference in feel between golf vr6 and 4 motion, if anything the vr6 has an appetite to rev throughout the rev range and consequently feels marginally quicker but I would put this down to the difference in the cars weight, 1230 or so kgs rather than 1500 plus!

Just my 2pence worth.

the 4motion really has a mind of its own its not quick some days and then other days it seems to not stop guess this is down to the computer limiting power at times but i love mine i think they are far more comfortable than the mk3 and are defo quicker in the wet but there is not really much difference in the dry

i think your right cmoth the vr revs a lot more as for the 4 motion its there so quick and you have to change gear quicker,i raced my wife on the way back from picking up the 4 motion she was in the vr in 3rd so was i put our foot down she was up my arse with ease with plenty to go she said,perhaps its the six speed box ratio? it also seem to use a lot more fuel than the vr as well.

• 1 year later...