Pagid fast road/rally discs (frontx2) pagid fast road rally pads (front only) braided hoses (6 piece kit) Front wheel bearings (because mine are fucked, thats the noise and the wheel is about to fall off!!!) Castrol Dot 5 brake fluid(just under a litre) Labour charges ontop?

nope, £123 for discs 8 grooved

£43 pads fast road rally.

£41 wheel bearing kit x2

£60 hoses BF Goodrich

£45 dot 4 castrol srf brake fluid.

£353 for materials

£142 labour, If the hoses come off without fookin up.

not bad really wat u think?

£495 total

[ Edited Mon Aug 09 2004, 10:46PM ]

[ Edited Mon Aug 09 2004, 10:51PM ]

yes i am! It was a toss up between 76 dot 5 at £23 a bottle(just under 1ltr) or £45 for the castrol SRF. We struck a deal, he said he would put the castrol in, but charge me the £23 for if i was buying the 76. :) Also it has been known for me to be braking from about 5000rpm in 5th very rapidly...... car doesnt stop :P

Dont use Dot 5, its silicon based and rots the seals. It also expands with heat so can cause ure brakes to jam on.

What you need is Dot 5.1, its basically a higher temp rated Dot 4 and lasts longer too, only about a tenner a litre at halfords and will do a better job than anybodys Dot 4.

reasons not to use dot 5, conclusive really.... read on,

Silicone DOT 5 is not compatible with the ABS hydraulic control unit because it doesn't lubricate the ABS pump like glycol based fluid. Silicone is slightly more compressible than glycol fluid. It has a higher wet boiling point because it doesn't absorb moisture like glycol fluid. This lack of moisture absorption causes problems when water gets in the brake system. Instead of mixing with the brake fluid (so it can be flushed out easily), the moisture gets trapped at low points in the system and causes rust.