Hi, just wanted to see how everyone launches there vr6? (everyone that does). What RPM's to you keep at before launching? it is true its worth launching the vr6 since it has to much power for a front wheel drive therefore it would just wheelspin on the spot and it would be better off just going from the biting point?

Whats bizarre about that??? Best pull aways i used to get mate were handbrake up holding it with button in. Pick the revs up to about 3k (this matches the weight of the car) lift the clutch to biting point so the car is pulling at the handbrake then let go of the handbrake feeding in accelerator not all at once and pulling off clutch quite quickly. No good for ya clutch mind but when you have an Evo or M3 next to ya givin it large a mans got a do what a mans gotta do lol!!!

Much easier to do then type m8. But i could launch the car accross the junction like a rocket if i got it right. Practise makes perfect!

I never launch, they fly off the lights first, I just pull away and nail it, I find they look more dissapointed like that as I didnt even try. Suprising the amount of people that have never heard of a VR6 or know what it is (especially when they are supercharged! ho ho ho!), they just think they are GTI's?

thanks il try the handbrake technique. see how it goes. but i think il have to supercharge it. my vr6 is pretty much standard apart from the exhaust and air filter. its quick but not rapid. had a old box shape civic vtec give me a run for my money and that was only a 1.6. also my vr6 gives me 25mpg in town and about 32mpg on motorway. if i supercharge it roughly what would my mpg be at?

Same here. I find the cleanest way to accelerate from a stand still is to feed in the clutch and gas together....initially more clutch than gas and just as it bites, feed in more gas. It all depends where your torque band is and what traction is like. With a quaife it's good, but it can still be overwhelmed easily.