Pics from Airfield Thrash day, with "The Golf+"

Got a few pics and a couple of vids from the Airfield Thrash day. I have a site to host the pics, but no where to host the vids, anyone help? Host them for me?

Until then enjoy a few of the pics..........

Burn out to warm those tyres before giving the R Type a Pasting on the 1/4mile!

62233866.jpg

On the test track....

62233863.jpg

Rolling Shot....

62233860.jpg

What was left of my front Toyo's after the day!

62233855.jpg

Taking a well deserved rest after a day of being thrashed, well and truly!

62233852.jpg

Type R took a massive beating! ;o) as did everything else I lined up against on 1/4 mile all day! Took 2nd place overall in the track test, not bad considering the lightwieght supercharged Mk2's and Polo's I was up against! Only got beaten by a stripped and tuned Mk2 Golf with a G-lump in it.

And yes looks like I may have sucummed to 205's against my better judgement, hopefully going to be testing out the new Toyo T-1R's (replacement in a few months for T-1s's) in a 205/40/17 or 215/35/17 next week as ordered them today, whilst having a new set of 215 T-1s' put on the front, so I can use it again! At least the 205's means I can go lower!

Lovely shots 8o) - lovely car :) ,

I feel your pain for the arch though - what are you going to do about that then?? - will it pull out??- are you arches rolled (i presume they are?) - this unfortunately leaves them open to bending if they are caught by the tyre as they lose rigidity...

Still at least a new vag front wing is only £85 inc vat :P

Pete.

Tandino : Think it may be a good oppotunity to get a new front vented wing put on, as been waiting for it to go in the bodyshop for a little while now.

Simey: Didn't get a chance to go PAST the Type R as he couldn't ever get in front of me! LOL! :o)

Valver: Managed a 0-60 in 6.78 secs and a 1/4 mile of 15.28secs, on the guys from "The Golf+" mags GPS data recorder. Was pretty impressive according to them as the surface was shite, full of gravel and rubble ( And a dirty great nail, which ended up lodged in my rear tyre :o( ) So with a bit of practice and a better surface they recon the car was capable of High 14's, which would be nice :P

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, they're always welcome! Just wish I could get the vids up for your viewing pleasure!

Simon.

BadVR:

Yep held the VR6OC flag high and gave the Type R at good beating, not even a marginal one, done him by quite a few car lengths even have the owner on one of the vids saying he's not very happy about racing it as he heard it fly down the 1/4 mile, LMAO!

No mate they are RH ZW1's or also called RH Technic's. They are a split rim, 8x17". Don't go getting them if your looking for something exclusive though as 3 years ago when I first got them no body had them, but no loads of peeps from this site have now got them since seeing them on my car!