floods near my house! more pix of meadowhall!

Uve prob seen ulley dam on the news, i live about a mile away from it (thankfully not in the firing line if it breaks and on one of the highest points in rotherham) but loads of my mates do live in the firing line and some have been evacuated already!

i havent got any pics of ulley but heres some pics of rotherham/sheffield at the mo

first one is/was the enterance to my work!

1182893345_3531_FT0_work.jpg

where water from Ulley dam will end up near M1. My house is behind the hill

1182893345_3531_FT0_whiston.jpg

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/One of my fav roads is under that bridge!\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

1182893345_3531_FT0_treeton.jpg

My Local Tesco less than a mile from my house!

1182893345_3531_FT0_tesco.jpg

Rotherham Town Centre again less than a mile from my house!

1182893345_3531_FT0_roth_centre.jpg

Hillborough Football Ground (im not a SWFC FAN)

1182893345_3531_FT0_owls.jpg

Meadowhall Shopping Centre

1182893345_3531_FT0_meadowhall.jpg

cheers my house should be ok its higher up than ulley dam an a bout 200 feet higher than the river don n the VR is ever higher up in the garage lol

They think the dam is gonna hold but theres more bad rain comin at the weekend !!

Looks fun ! Only if you are not directly affected though I guess :(

Superb pics !

Not sure if the rain will hold up though as there appears to be more on the way. They say the flood waters are still rising even though it's stopped raining for now as it's drifting in from other flooded places !

Mark.

Looks fun !

'Cos your favorite hobby is wading around in waist height sawage?

Glad to hear your a safe distance Gaz, having seen cars flooded at Glastonbury and houses whilst I lived in York I know the carnage that 'a bit of water' can cause.

The Meadowhall picture is the most shocking; think of the stock damage!

TG

Great pics, can't believe the state of Meadowhall......anyone notice the 3 series in the doorway of tesco......"Sorry mate, you can't park there".....

We escaped the rain quite well here, but the river is on teh way up now and causing all sorts of havoc!

Yeah gaz i no what its like round there its a nightmare i ended up getting the works iveco daily stuck on the barbot hall industrial estate took some water in the engine stopped it running and in the process bent 2 conrods now work are faced with a 4k repair bill not happy at all but i still have my job

Im glad my highline is still in the paint shop at the minute but i have just heard today its nearly finished

And as for meadowhall o2 foned me that day to say my nokia n95 was ready to be picked up but unfortunetly didnt mange to get there proper gutted now

The Meadowhall picture is the most shocking; think of the stock damage!

TG

it was worse than that, that pic was taken after it had gone down about 4 feet

my mate works at perrys in Parkgate which is that bad theyve had to write off every car on the forecourt !

fuckin hell looks abit like bewdley kidderminster the river 7 is having a good go at that same with worchester oh and look what happend to my sleepy towns main tourist attraction

hampton_loade_flood_gallery_05_470x267.jpg

(this is where the first clip of narnia was filmed and harry potter)