airbox 'cone' removal?

any simple way to do this? im asuming its the tube that is in the lid of the airbox when its removed from the car..

mine didnt want to shift at all! it has a ridge down the side and is definately seperate from the main lid.

wanted to see what difference it made to the accoustics..

ta in advance

Ypu need to remove both cones,external and internal first one just snaps off and the second one is more tricky if you wedge a screw driver down the side it should leaver out. I have got a bmc panel filter in mine and it does sound much better.

All the advice above sounds good to me but you do have to give it a bit of ummphh. I also used some washing up liquid as lubricant to make it easier [seem to remember something about oil based products damaging the maf?? i may be wrong??]

Ref the noise... it just lets the engine breath easier and a bit more rarr noise wise, i too have the k&n panel filter which is all good so far for me.

cheers for the replies..

>Ypu need to remove both cones,external and internal first one just snaps off and the second one is more tricky

Now im confused Gav!

which one are you calling external?

The one that almost touches the panel filter on the throttle body side is obviously the internal cone....

the external cone is the one which bends round to the wing, the internal one is a straight cone which narrows to one end this is the one inside the box. The kit on my vr is GMAX shocks and springs. Good all round kit really, sits nice drives nice handles ok and it only cost £220 delivered.

cheers Gav..

not sure about removing the trumpet that goes to the inner wing.. you'd be gettin into heat soak issues i reck then.

anyway, what millimetre 'drop' do those GMAX springs give 'cos its 'a strong look!' as Westwood would say!!

aaaight!

peace

You could run a cold air feed pipe from the hole in the box down to the ground, I have theres just enough room to run a 2" or 3" (not sure which) pipe, and have some holes aswell for that extra bit of roar ;) . It said 40mm drop on the kit.