Window jammed open, help!

i dont think u can do that without removing the motor from the regulator, and u need to take out the whole assembly to remove it.

if u r desperate its possible to wedge the window glass in the closed position using a block of wood the correct size inside the door.

also u might wanna pull back the rubber sleeve from the wiring by the door hinge and see if the problem is just a broken wire.

yeah check wire in rubber by the door hinge, my drivers one done similar and it was the wire getting crimpped when the door closed.

If all other windows closed when you hold the key in the door in the close position the the window motor is probably not getting power

i had same problem, the window cable had a kink in which caused stress on the motor, and eventualy burnt it out. to resolve i had the door card off ... (dead easy pops on and off) and then undid the window from the lifting arms (2 bolts) placed a peice of wood under the window to keep it up and put in 2 wedges to stop it rattling and possibly falling down again, then got one ordered from a breakers yard for £30 inc vat. took me about 3 hours total from start to finish,