Yes its possilbe its the car - I was just trying to make you feel better! :)

So whats happened? I assume you've had your VR6 on a rolling road and the figure was low? :-(

Perhaps its worth putting more detail up and see if anyone has had similar experience, e.g. what was the air temperature, what reading did you get, which Rolling Road was it etc etc

Diesel, got 165, its goin back to another place to get Re-done.. Everything is runnin sweet, no oil/water being lost, no fumes from exhaust...Just don't get it....Could my Exhaust cat be blocked? Possibly Cam sensor? HELP any1.......

Pete, Ive just hit 108,000... So far the only problems ive had with the car was the Coil Pack and MAF, Just phoned my matey up @ Enfield VW spares, he just said change the cam sensor, coz sum1 else just went and bought 1 due to a lack of power from his VR...Hmmmm..DO I PURCHASE???

Cheers SHOPKEEPER....Stuck the car on the VAG machine, This came up too-"IDLING SPEED REGULATION (exceeded). What the hell does that mean, Ran through some other tests too, everything was ok xcept for the revs being on 680.. I thought it was supposed to be between 700-800.. This is all i damn well need before Inters....

What power reading did you get at the wheels as that is the most accurate out of the two (you get two readings - the main one taken at the wheels and then this is converted to flywheel horsepower using a calculation - it is the flywheel horsepower that most people use to compare cars in this country). Lots of garages may use very slightly different formulae calculations to get the fly bhp. Whereas the wheel horse power is straight from their rollers - and as said above these too can vary from place to place. Also your car can vary from day to day. Even a whole lot of brand new cars from the factory will have different bhp. Every car is different and will perform slightly better or worse on different days. If the 165 figure you got was flywheel bhp then that is slightly low. Could be that your timing is slightly out. This won't show up on vag com but will show up on a rolling road diagnostic - which you've just had - what did the operator say - if they didn't know then the best bet is to take it to Stealth (well worth the trip) based just south of birmingham so not far from you mate - and Vince the owner will do a full diagnostic and another series of power runs (all for around £50) and tell you straight away if your timing or anything related is out. My car's timing was out once and it had around 155bhp. Drove very well but on the rollers it was down nearly 50bhp! Could only really tell the difference in the high revs. Is yours an obd1 or obd2 car? I'd expect obd1's to be around the 175-180mark and obd2s 185-190bhp (all at the flywheel). Wheel horsepower should roughly be around the 145-150 mark. If your timing is out slightly then you'll at best just need to have your cams checked and positioned correctly and your top chain will need to be checked too. At worst it will need your bottom chain looked at too, meaning a gearbox out job. Unfortunately in my own case my bottom chain was out slightly and once rectified my power was up to the 190-200mark where it should be. However it is very common for the top chain / cams to be the culprit. If you had a hall/cam sensor fault it would show up on vag com and as you say it didn't bring up an error it's not going to be this. Good luck mate.

MaTTh, Thankx man for getting back to me, but in my previous tx before yours im still wondering what the idle speed regulation exceeded means? I am just gonna clean my Cam sensor as well to see what happens.

i think i had a code like this once' date=' i changed the throttle position sensor, and it sorted it... could be worth a go..

[/quote']

Mate, i just got the price for it,£284-93 Just for that sensor, on my car you have to buy the whole bloody unit. Not just the sensor

Try cleaning it and see if that makes a difference... let us know how you get on mate

Matt.....Saturday morning took the car to my guy's down Potter's Bar' date=' Cleaned up the throttle-"NO DIFFERENCE"...So ended up buying a brand spankin nu Throttle Body from Euro Car Parts. VW didn't have none in stock+Vw wanted £240. So i got it from Euro@£185 inc Vat. Fitted it on and put a new Cam sensor inn, put it on the VaG meter thingy and got it re-set!! The Torque is Back....WooooHooooooo!!!!! Spins in 1,2,3,gear! Next on my agenda is to change 1 of the belts, de-cat the car, full exhaust system, 6 branch, do the timing chain, change the clutch(not that it needs it), and may do my oil seals too(not that im blowin smoke neither) But now that ive said that it'd probably happen next. (Im sure im suppose to be buying a house and not workin on the Vr!!LoL) Thank you very much for all the help you all have given me...Much Appreciated!!!

[img']../../e107_files/public/1182167967_4915_FT179247_image017_wince.jpg