Got meself a new Cobra zorst custom built on for cheap....pics, opinions

I went to Exhaustsuk in Sheffield about a year ago for an exhaust on my beloved 4th Gen Prelude VTEC, was over the moon with it so ive taken the Vr for the same treatment.

"what kind of sound do you want?" Matt asks as my car goes up on the ramp. "Make it snarl" i said with a grin, and by god did he...

Stainless de-cat with fancy tail pipe, £300 custom fitted.

Right bargain IMO, see pics below. (excuse the car it was in desperate need of a wash)

Dsc01487.jpg

Dsc01489.jpg

Dsc01490.jpg

Opinions?

personally, i thought the tailpipe style kinda echoes the angles of the car, plus wanted to be a bit individual instead of just choosing the same old.

I'm working on the sound recording, should be able to post it up tomorrow.

I had an exhaust made by them, never again.... The back box inners after only a year disintegrated, They'd compressed the 2.5inch pipe over the rear beam to get it to fit, it would pop and bang when changing gear, I wasnt impressed with it one bit.

I even went back after only a few months because the tail pipes had gone discoloured. Since I've heard of quite afew other unsatified customers in the area.

Best thing i ever did was to rip it off and have a Longlife fitted, it's spot on, can't rate them enough. They've even fitted a 2.75inch pipe over the rear beam without compressing it, no rattles or knocks at all. But you do pay for the quality £375+vat. Longlife only use there own boxes/silencers which are all hand made, they do not fit cheap cobra ones.

im not really keen on the design tbh, i think 300 is expensive i piad 300 for a jetex full system fitted on my last VR from midland vw..custom places are usally cheaper...and id never have a custom exaust made personly id rather buy one....

Not gonna bother with the sound clip' date=' it'll only give you all even more reason to flame me.

[/quote']

Nobody is flameing you mate, hope you dont take offence, and im sure the guys did not mean it in a bad way, everyone has individual tastes and opinions if life, but thats what makes us all unquie.

so get your sound clip sorted dude :P

If you want to make your self feel better at my expense then read on Wush.

My local Power flow dealer has fitted in order.... a back box, then 3 months later a middle section, then another 2 months after a cat replacement pipe. I'm thinking now i've been shafted as in total i've spent nearly 500 quid, its not even welded that well on closer inspection. so not a happy boy. Trouble is my patience always gets the better of me and they can normal fit stuff with a few days notice and I hate crawling around trying to remove old exhaust with only a few inches head room on the drive way.

mate sorry to add insult to injury, but i had a celica gen 6 gt befor ma vr6, i had a jap style 4 inch angled exit cat back with a bolt in bolt out cat.. they didnt use gaskets so it was blowing, the silencer in the centre section is rusted as the titanic after only 5 months, the tail pipe on the can has turned a crapy gold ish colour and i wanted a chrome tip. the noise was a lot more of a performance roar than the previous back box i had on it. the only reason i used them was because for my celica they didnt make off the shelve kits, and this was the closest place .(mine was the ST - uk spec 1800cc - first car i was 17!! and ive just turned 18 nd got a vr6 -MENTAL)

dont get me wrong the lads there are sound but the quality is a bit naff. keep an eye out on your pipe work, check for rust, blowing and discolouration. other than that as long as your happy thats the main thing. i get where ure coming from with the one off look, but i would have stuck with the original circle twin exit, its a strong look for golfs and doesnt look out of place!!

Have fun with ya zorst