VR6 Popularity??

I think we've all noticed the percentage of Golf VR6 compared to other VR6 variants about on the roads, forums etc...

Looking at a new service Google has launched, we can compare search trends.

I.E Golf VR6 V's Corrado VR6, V's VR6, V's Golf R32... have a look at the below link;

http://www.google.co.uk/trends?q=golf+vr6%2C+corrado+vr6%2C+vr6%2C+Golf+r32&ctab=0&hl=en&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

I think it certainly goes to show what's more popular across the globe, but why do you think the golf VR6 is the most owned, searched for, and generally more successful than the other variants over the years?

its the best all rounder . has good performance , practical , reliable and comfortable . other variants dont seem to tick the box'es as well , corrado aint as practial , passat is heavy thus making it slow . as for the vento well that is a golf ;) the R32 still is pricey and the 4wd can be a bit of a fun killer imo add that to the heavy and over refined mk4 chassis it just doesnt do it for me .

after saying all that , i still want a mk2 Vr :P

just my 2p

liam :)

I think it's true what they say....the golf vr6 is the mk1 gti for grown ups. OK, you need to get the handling sorted, get used to it stopping when you press the brake pedal, and get used to seeing where you are going, but it's the same buzz. It follows, alot of people into GTI's, mk1 and mk2 were great, the mk3 gti was crap, so VR6 time! Is the popularity of the Golf version a follow on from earlier GTI's?