After seeing the aount of people buying these wheels, I thought I have to pull my finger out and polish them up as a last resort before selling, so I started...

With many helpful hints from Binliner, here's one I done 100% with my hand!! Order a good polishing kit, so when that comes, can hopefully get a better look to it... 1 down, 3 more to go!

Hope I dont see any polished ones about or they are defo going!

mini-P1010513%7E0.JPG

mini-P1010514%7E0.JPG

Never doing polishing by hand again!! Nightmare but defo worth it!!

Its none stop at the mo, trying to get the car sorted for the edition 38 show!

So polishing wheels during day at work, then trimming the interior with the alcantara in the evenings, and I''ve still gotta pick up the new bottom end and put the engine together and get some bits tuned and then fit it in and back in the bodyshop!! guna be damn tight! :| B) :@ :( &|

[ Edited ]

LOL, well best not look too hard at mine Mark as have completed my 2 spares, as you know! Just finished building them up!

Plus its alrady been done twice before on Mk3's in this country, though neither was on a silver car!

Hoping they re-seal ok, as when I spoke to Richard Payne last year after starting them he said he had a nightmare re-sealing them!

Did you leave yours all bolted up in the end?

[ Edited Tue Jul 27 2004, 09:50PM ]

[ Edited Tue Jul 27 2004, 09:50PM ]

Yeah, keeping it 4stud by using G60 driveshafts..

Si, you've not posted ya pics up of yours, so in my mind, they dont exist! lol So not seen any, which makes me feel better! lol I know there was a blue mk3 with them polished up, but the wheels are all mashed up now from what I've heard..

Prob keep these on for my next feature, then they will most prob come off as they wont be as exclusive, specially if others run polished ones..

Mine will look the baddest though! lol

Found some jap splits that I'm prob guna buy to replace them

[ Edited Tue Jul 27 2004, 10:03PM ]

Si' date=' you've not posted ya pics up of yours, so in my mind, they dont exist! lol So not seen any, which makes me feel better! lol I know there was a blue mk3 with them polished up, but the wheels are all mashed up now from what I've heard..

[/quote']

No didn't post pics of them till there all done as was hoping to surprise a few peeps! Mine are 5 stud anyway so slightly different, plus mine look a lot lighter than yours (might just be the pics?)

The ones on the Blue one where Richard Paynes old ones. Apparently they have been re-done now and on another MK3, near me.

As for being the baddest, no comment, lol! :P

Mine are actually quite dark, but Im told when I take a machine to them for a final going ver, it shud bring them up.

Send me a pic via MSN palleasseee, wanna see how mine shud come up.... Be good for a reference..

Baddest, u know it! lol Specially with a charged VR! My insurance co. can't wait!

(Save making another thread, will being 19 make any difference to be 20 on insurance?)

Too low?? Nooo wayy, its what sets the Brit style of my car off imo..Big wheels and low suspension..

Nice one Simondo!!

Binman, I ordered the kit you told me too...Does it come with the 2 different rubbing compounds?

Can't wait for it to come, its an absolute killer doing it by hand! Gave it a wash today and can tell they are going to be MAJORLY high maintainence!! Not looking forward to polishing them after every wash, but I suppose it has to be done now!:D