Arite ppl. Not sure this thread is in the right section but here i go anyway.

I am planning on purchasing a mk3 golf which has been converted into a vr6. as it is still declared as a 2.0 GTi how would i go about insuring it? I want to avoid any inspection of my car after an acident so if i was to insure it third party, fire and theft, would an insurance inspector come visit me after an accident or not? Cheers

Insurance for a vr6 "conversion" will actually be a lot more than for a proper VR6. Are you sure you want to get this car... How much is it advertised for? A very good VR can be had for £2500-£3k. Even if the car you're interested in is £1k less than this you will be paying far more once you add the insurance on top. Plus if you get this car it will always be at the back of your mind that it's not a "proper" vr6 if you get this gti-vr6 conversion.

Having third party fire and theft makes no difference to the insurance company coming out and inspecting the car. They will always come out if it is a serious incident no matter what type of insurance you have. Plus if you have a car worth at least £1500 it is crazy not to have fully comprehensive insurance.

As said above not declaring the conversion would mean you don't only get the points (and possible ban) as well as fine which will be very hefty, you also lose the value of your car and possibly have to pay thousands for the costs to the third party (esp. if personal injury legal costs are involved) because you effectively totally uninsured. Not worth the hassle mate at all.

not reading any of the above posts, and in my opinion, its not worth it and your plans with the insurance company....well, i wouldn't bother, they aren't stupid.

I suggest you buy a VR6 and insure it as a VR6, else you are driving uninsured.

it wouldnt be the color concept i saw on ebay a while back with the owner saying it was cheap insurance because he hadnt told dvla about the conversion would it???

at the end of the day you will be paying the insurance company but u WONT BE INSURED...

its really not worth it