agian yet another problem with the clutch i had it replaced about 3months ago and 2day its started makeing a noise agian. it only happens when you press the pedal right to the bottom you get a loud ticking sound and you can feel it on the pedal as well sounds to me like the release bearing.now can this be adjusted or goes the box need to come out agian.

if its the release bearing, i doubt you can replace it in the car unless, you have hands like a 3 year old.

btw, i would have thought that the thrush/release bearing would have made the noise when the clutch pedal was up and not down.

well it could have gone this quick if it was a faulty part i fitted a trubo to a BKD engine and 1000 miles later it blew adn seized the engine up, so it can happen, it wont hurt to take it back and ask them to look at it for u so id do that mate

ok i got the out to day.

it was the folk on the inside of the gearbox that holds the release bearing in place it had snapped never seen this happen before any body else.

total cost 15.30 for the part from VW and they actually had it in stock how happy was i so all sorted.

and 100quid labour for taking the gearbox out and fitting and refitting thought that was a very good price.

agian yet another problem with the clutch i had it replaced about 3months ago and 2day its started makeing a noise agian. it only happens when you press the pedal right to the bottom you get a loud ticking sound and you can feel it on the pedal as well sounds to me like the release bearing.now can this be adjusted or goes the box need to come out agian.

Get the garage who fitted it to replace it properly this time and for free!!! They shouldn't charge you a penny.

its a mate that done the clutch. about 5months ago turns out the clutch is ok it was the the folk that holds the release bearing that broke.think it was realated to the dirve shaft when that snapped as i was giveing it a bit of stick.