All Types VW Show. 20th May. Rhyl North Wales.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really good show. Its fairly big, but not huge. I live a about 10-15 miles from it so have been the last few years. You are right, the weather can't be worse than last year, it lashed it down all day, still enjoyed it though. There are a lot of traders, a lot more than there were at Ultimate Dubs, but it is an All types show so be prepared to rummage through loads of beetle wings and camper carpet sets.

It is in a very nice setting, and you could make a weekend of it and go for a spin into Snowdonia. Be warned though, here in North Wales the Heddlu (Bizzies) love hiding in vans and driving round in Beemmers and Vectras with no writing on. No, really, it is out of control over here. There are a few sites that list the where abouts of the mobile units. I know there is one for north wales. I will post the add when I can remember it.

Here is the link to the arrive alive site about North Wales speed traps.

http://www.arrivealive.org.uk/

It shows all routes covered, they all have maps so you have a good idea what to expect. Check out the schedule before you come, shows which of the routes will be covered by the mobile "money grabber just at the end of the limit rather than somewhere dangerous" cameras.

By the way, Boddellwydden (where the show is) is in Denbighshire.

See you there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...