24th July Castle combe cars needed

I need 10 cars for the stand

OK then peeps this one is not to far away now here are some links for you if you need some more information

Castle combe website

Autometrix (the organisers of the trackday) website

map look closely and you will see the arrow ;)

If you wish to put your car on the stand then please contact me

Cars must be in place by 9.00am and it will cost your £5 entrance fee.

For those of you who haven't been to this event it is a great day out there will be some traders there and quite a few other clubs stands but mainly the day is focused on a full action packed track day. The combe circuit is a great for both drivers and spectators and you can walk the whole way round the 1.85mile track with no problems at all.

List of people and cars for the stand are as follows

1 Glen

2 Vr6Rich

3 vdubgirl

4 The Absinthe Fairy

10 simey (track car)

[ Edited ]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vwsyncro

Drive your VAG Group car on the 1.85 mile Castle Combe Circuit. £30 for 15 minutes of track driving. Also club displays, trade stands and a 'show & shine'.

30 ponds, maybe i will try a few laps ;)

and what means tbc , behind my name ?!

must be a dumb question :P

[ Edited Sun Jul 11 2004, 10:10AM ]

does anybody know a nice hotel in the neighborhood ' date=' and a place to wash my car , ill be driving 600 km to get there, so i think it's kind off dirty.[/quote']

travel inn @ Swindon

Travel lodge @ Chippenham

Not sure about a car wash if you stay at the swindon hotel i'm sure there will be a petrol station with a car wash nearby

can u get on track if u hav points on license??

They dont worry about things like that of course you can go on :) This track day is a good one to go out on as its full of owners who love theres cars and dont wanna smash them up so the driving tends to be of a better quilty that the usual banger racing we see up there ;):P;)

Guest vwsyncro

:? carwash , uhm my car has never seen the inside of a carwash , don't you have wash boxe's or something like that in the neighborhood. ;)

100db test , how do they do that , directly behind the car , or when it passes by on the track(hopefully)

[ Edited Sun Jul 11 2004, 10:47PM ]

Hello- me confirm!

There is one jet washing Chippenham-

http://www.multimap.com/clients/gif.cgi?client=yell&width=500&height=310&icon=dot&pc=SN152AR&scale=25000&panx=0&pany=0

its only a min or so from the roundabout that you would turn off to go towards castle combe if coming from motorway.

My boyf's club at meets have their avatars and screen names on their cars at club meets so you know who you are- do you have anything like that- cos I don't know a soul!!

I know it is abit name-tag-esque ;)

xcx

Thinking about hotels in Chippenham-

If you are staying the night and intend to go out in Chippenham town you would be better at this hotel in the centre-

http://www.angelhotelchippenham.co.uk/

It's just that the travel Inns are on the outskirts towards the motorway- a taxi into town would be approx £7-8 one way.

The Angel IS more expensive but VERY VERY nice!-

If anyone is up for a drinking session in town in the evening I'd can organise a mini- pub crawl -if anyone's up for it let me know :P

xcx

Where abouts is this car wash absinthe fairy? I know Chippenham quite well and have never found one! :-) Is it in one of the supermarkets?

Do you know The Hungry Horse pub/restaurant? The petrol station opposite it now has a jet wash AND rollers.

Its on Rowden Hill on the way into central Chippenham. Coming from Sainsburys' date=' over the roundabout with the Pheasant pub, and its just under the railway bridge.

It is fairly new, they only used to have rollers.

:)

[ Edited Wed Jul 14 2004, 10:34AM ']