DIY turbo VR6 Corrado,updated.

• 7 months later...

little update,bought another VR6 red this time and a white 16v corrado for a run about :-p

Could not resist the urge to turbo this VR as the stock VR6 (evan with big valve,ported head and cams) just sems ...well slow... :-#

So this time its a budget build and ive made the inlet manifold and have fabrictaed most other parts,going to run very similar spec to the last one but with allot less lag.

Here are some pics to start off...

DSCN0890.jpg

DSCN0905.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

DSCN1154.jpg

DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1207.jpg

DSCN1236.jpg

DSCN1235.jpg

DSCN1251.jpg

DSCN1401.jpg

DSCN1399.jpg

Had a quick fit up to see how its going to come together,thought i would have clearance problems with the ATP manifold and large blower against the brake servo...and i was right :( I was going to fit remote reservoirs to the top of bulk head were the wiper motor sits ,but now im thinking i want to make my own manifold using the stock VR manifolds,this could be more cost effective and i can have the turbo pointing in the any direction angle i want..back off to the garage 8-|

DSCN1411.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1413.jpg

manifold looking good (6)

DSCN1414.jpg

Fair play, Good tread, Im very impressed with your shourt runner inlet mainifold, You used a schimmel one before?? Guessing yours does pritty much the same thing and theres no point in spend the extra on the schimmel one!

You going to make your own exhaust mainfold up out of standard mainfolds, Gota watch out for cracking ect but looking at your inlet im sure you do a good job??? Will be intresting to see

Fair play' date=' Good tread, Im very impressed with your shourt runner inlet mainifold, You used a schimmel one before?? Guessing yours does pritty much the same thing and theres no point in spend the extra on the schimmel one!

You going to make your own exhaust mainfold up out of standard mainfolds, Gota watch out for cracking ect but looking at your inlet im sure you do a good job??? Will be intresting to see

[/quote']

Cheers Bud,yes i used the SP one before,decided to make most bits as it will keep costs down and i should be able to run 400+ when done.

I know about cracking,thats why i will be using a thick wall stainless when and if i decide to go down this route +o(

Cheers

Cheers Bud! :)

One more thing done tonight, ive made up the remote block for the master cylinder and this will allow me to fit a single reservoir out the way,same with the ABS as that will also get its own separate reservoir 8)

This should help with the intake clearance problems im having at the mo...i hope :S

DSCN1425.jpg

DSCN1424.jpg

• 1 month later...

update time,decided to make my own exhaust manifold using the stock cast manifolds as i could place the turbo in the position i wanted,got that done and all tiged up.

Got my blank fuel rail from the states,had it all machined up and fitted,got the head back on with new ARP head bolts.

Had the sump off,fitted new ARP rod bolst wedled in drain for sump and painted sump,so the engine is al back together and running....wooohooo(with no turbo.... :-(

also fitted junction boxes to move battery to the rear and will start on the charge cooler...

here are some pics....

got any ides i can improve on? let me know...cheeers

DSCN1526.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

DSCN1534.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1592.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

The head back on..looking like a motor again at last!

DSCN1666.jpg

DSCN1663.jpg

DSCN1668.jpg

DSCN1674.jpg

Charge cooler rad,had to make some space to fit it..... 8-|

DSCN1433.jpg

DSCN1454.jpg

DSCN1449.jpg

DSCN1456.jpg

DSCN1459.jpg

DSCN1471.jpg

that should do for now |-)

• 2 months later...

holly thread update time batman! forgot to update this, :$ got the car finished about two months ago,all running well,kicking its head in all the time to see what will happen and nothing so far!

But the bottom end is tierd so im building a new one,but managed to get hold of a brand new old stock OEM block and pistons for 399 quid bargan!

few more randoms!

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

DSCN1844.jpg

DSCN1847.jpg

DSCN1849.jpg

DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

DSCN1876.jpg

DSCN1877.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry dude didn't relise you finished this... Was just thinking i wonder how far along you are with it had a mooch and youve finished it lol

Im very impressed with it all, Would you be intresed im making any inlet mainfolds up.. If it don't take to long i think you could make a fair bit of money tbf

How much bhp is this making... Which do you perfer, FMIC or the charge cooler. What engine magement are you using? and is that your garage? Im jellous. to top it off nice looking rado aswell

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys,forgot to update this so here goes....

I still am using stock managment,with a little tweeking and 360cc injectors,but i got boost greedy and ran lean and the end result was a blown engine,it was a 155k motor so it was ready for a rebuild!

So i found a brand new vag 2.8 block and pistons on flebay for a bargain 399 quid! so i rebuilt a new motor with fresh everything! i mean everything,later chains,guids,gaskets,oil pump,shells...the full lot.

Also spruced up everything with new nuts bots and paint!

so far ive done 1000 miles and it runs very smooth and soooo quiet! runs very smooth on 9psi and goes like hell!

wont push it this time lol! on the look out for an OBD2 set up so i can run the C2 software ect..thats my aim for the mo.....here are some random pics!

old motor

CIMG0255.jpg

CIMG0253.jpg

Oh dear

CIMG0268-1.jpg

CIMG0269.jpg

CIMG0271.jpg

and the new block...

CIMG0273.jpg

CIMG0274-1.jpg

and the build!

DSCF0138.jpg