Turbo VR head gasket (sorry if it seems a stoopid question!)

Hi folks,

I'm also doing a turbo project, just rebuilding the VR at the mo. i've now got a 3 ltr bottom end with low comp pistons, my question is:

As the cylinder bores are now slightly larger in diameter, do i have to use a gasket with larger bores(specifically for a 3ltr) or can i use the standard one. Anyone suggest a company?

Kev, i think you may be able to help with this one?

Thanks! :)

Ok cheers for the help. Thought i might be able to use a standard one as its only a slight increase across the bore, obviously not!

something else to find - loving this project though, just wish someone else was paying for it!!!

Ok cheers for the help. Thought i might be able to use a standard one as its only a slight increase across the bore' date=' obviously not!

something else to find - loving this project though, just wish someone else was paying for it!!!

[/quote']

from the sounds of it mate , im sure it will be worth every penny :D

• 2 weeks later...

What size pistons are they? You can use a standard 2.8 headgasket! I run 83mm pistons with a standard gasket and I have no clearance issues at all.

Same as you mate. Done a bit of research, spoke to a couple of people, they have confirmed that it'll be fine to use a 2.8 gasket.

Cheers for the help people!