Got my Audi S3 H.I.D's today...

Came to a grand total of �36 ;)

I now have xenon's!

Got some pics to show, have only fitted one so that I could show the difference in light compared to the CRAP In-Pro..

Never really bothered me about the light output, I just thought I'd do this because they look cool, but ehre ya go

mini-P1010512.JPG

mini-P1010513.JPG

Will take some more in an hour if its not to scarily dark outside! ~:( !amazed

Well, the R32 styles have ballasts already..

For your average light, u cud just fit the bulb, but it wont have the typical xxenon look, it'll just big a massive blue light emitted..

I don't have to worry about my M.O.T's

But if you got straight m.o.t's, in theory they shud fail as you need some headlight leveling thing andheadlamp washers.. I have neither as its hassle..

ballasts?in r32 look in pro lights????i don't think so!for hid's,you need 20,000+volts to ignite them,then you need your relay's etc.did you up the fuses in your fusebox too mark???i run my kit with 30amp fuses as recommended with retrofit kits.i don't think the wiring is up to that in standard light units is up to withstanding the voltage of ballasts???and hid's run differently to conventional bulbs.conventional halogen bulbs are more likely to melt the lenses as the light is generated by heat as opposed to hid's burn a gas at a far cooler temperature.

Whoops, didn't mean ballasts, meant projectors...

Uprated the fuses from 10 to 25 amp, they work and have been working for well over a week now :D Be told that I shud try using a 15 as it will be safer if it works..

Also, just order an E46 bmw wiring harness, which can be fitted into the OEM mk3 loom (after being chopped up).. (just replace the brown and yellow lead) It contains all correct relays and thicker cabling, so all shud be well and good.

Eitehr way, its all good and only cost £36 + the spare TT lamp i got for spares.

[ Edited Wed Jul 07 2004, 01:44AM ]