Apple mac.

Truth be told MACs are and always have been more powerful than pcs are, but unless you get on well with there o/s or are seriously into Graphic design, then you probably, will never use all the power of it. If you can put up with the unstableness of windows then you may as well go back to that...

macs are the way forward, dont own one myself as I'm an avid Linux user.

Quite familiar with macs though, and I am aware of some overheating issues with the mac book pro's... if you are suffering instability, check this article http://apcmag.com/3696/is_your_macbook_overheating I'm pretty sure there were some issues with the thermal compound paste too, contact apple customer care to get this rectified!

If you don't know how to use a mac, then I would seriously consider attempting to learn how to, they are fantastic once you have "broken the mold" of windows... like linux, you can pretty much get the same software as you do under windows, the only observation i've made is the fact that names of applications may not reflect the actual use of the program.

an example of this is an application called "The Gimp" its actually short for Gnome Image Manipulation Program.... another program called Smeg, which is a Simple Menu Editor for Gnome... :)

All fun if your interested in that sort of stuff though :)