Where to buy a replacement coilpack?

My 1997 VR6 Highline has been suffering terrible hesitation and stuttering, now to begin with this was happening just on damp mornings until the engine warmed up but now it is bad all the time, starting is not a problem though.

On inspection in dim light there is arcing between the coilpack surface and some of the leads, when this is happening the engine misses and the engine shakes badly! Seems it has the cracked coilpack problem so many VR6 owners have reported previously.

A few questions:

1. Where is the best place to buy a replacement coilpack - dealer, online parts shop?

2. Is there just one manufacturer of replacement coilpack and if more than one which is the best and most reliable?

3. How do I remove the leads/plugs from the coilpack? I ask as when I attempted removing one today I could pull the plug out slightly but the rubber kept holding onto the coilpack tightly and would not budge, is it a case of just pulling even harder? I didn't want to pull the plugs too hard incase I damage them - is there a special tool like there is for removing the spark plugs? Can't see how there would be but still! :)

Cheers,

Glyn

i have just replaced mine about a month ago, got it from my local motor factors for £101. car running sweetly. Try GSF (0208 917 3801 or www.gsfcarparts.com) or one of your local motor factors.

There is more than one manufacturer for it, have heard bosch are best but more pricey.

The plugs just pull away from the coil pack, get a screwdriver or something similar and gently prise/slide the rubber off, no special tool mate.

If you have problems with coil pack removal or re-fitting just ask.

:)