VR6 value£££

If and when i decide to waste more money on a car, what would be a fair price for my car. Hard to value these so just asking for opinions. The higher the better obviously lol

98 vr6 highline 3dr in mulberry

44000 miles

all history

recent service/mot/tax

all extra's.

mods :

zr2 charger, shrick cams, poly bushes all round, adjustable koni's,sebring exhaust,induction, 17" splits, de-badged, ice install including tv,pop-up screen, subs/amps,6cd,phone, laser detector,,rolled rear arches, rear end respray

condition:

near mint, few stone chips on bonnet and some wear on seat bolster.

any opinions..... my mate recently paid £3900 for a 100k one with few mods.

I'd say around £5k with all the mods you have.

from my experience with cars people love the fact you have added modded wheels and suspension, exhausts etc etc but once there fitted on the true worth of them drops!! no one pays what you did for them or for your hard work fitting or labour costs either! thats why i am seriously thinking of putting my highline back to totally standard if it dont sell soon and sell the mod parts it seems more profitable that way!

Obviously you never get back what you spend on your car. Mods can sometimes devalue your car as well as appreciate it. Goes both way without saying. From my experiences cars that I have seen sell with chargers tend to go for around £5k which is what I based MY opinion on. Its a buyers/sellers market, people will pay for it if they really want it.

trouble with selling to "people in the know" is they always think they can find better for cheaper, when in reality they buy a shed (yn) of a car and spend loads on it only for it to cost the same or in most cases a whole lot more! due to the fact the car is a wrongun from the outset which is why it was cheap!! it makes no sense but i see it time and time again, i know its part of the fun to mod your own car but if you start with a sorted claean mechanicly sound motor then its straight onto the goodies like chargers etc etc as your not pouring money down the drain on new engines and basic stuff the cars worthless without (ci).... and relax