hey gav! long time no speak! poss vacuum leak mate?

hey russ!! u still got ur VR? thought u sold it?

ticks ova at 1500 when cold, 1200 afta?

i un plugged stab valve and plugged it bk in and it was fine again, until i started it up again. so it must be that sticking open or something?

tried a different stabiliser valve today but still no change. also changed water temp sensors, and found a broken pin in the main loom plug so i sorted that out! it was no.1 wire on the big twisty plug, not sure where it goes? try and get it on vag-com this week.

it is now ticking over at 2000 rpm all the time!!

Um, i have a leaky breather pipe @ the moment which has meant my car is over fueling and what appears to be idling high. Not as high as yours though. Mine idles between 600rpm and 800rpm though...good luck with it as youll be using as much if not more fuel than me!

right tonite ive found wot the prob is on my car.

i thought it was the idle speed valve, so i replaced it, no joy!! checked for air leaks.

apparently u should be able to hear the idle speed valve click when u turn ignition on, but mine doesnt, so i connected it straight to the battery and it does? so the problem is the wires going to it? i think one is a permanent live and the other a switchable earth from the ecu? can any one help or got any wiring diagrams?

thanks peeps....