Piece of cake.

Get a long 8mm bolt (13mm head) from B&Q, needs to be about 4 - 5" long. Looking at the belt tensioner, you'll see a threaded hole. Guess where that bolt goes? Screw it right down until the tension is released from the belt. Then you can take the belt off. They're about £20 from the dealer.

You might need to remove the plastic rain shield that shrouds the Power steering pump too.

• 2 weeks later...

i tried changing this last night but i couldn't get the 8mm bolt in the hole :( (no jokes). The clips that are holding the fuel line to the fuel rail get in the way.i did try and move the clip out of the way and thought i'll take the fuel hose off to get some more room, but the fuel started dripping out :o .As I wasn't sure how much fuel would be lost i put it all back to how it was. ?!

do i need to remove the hoses or am i doing something wrong.

and how much fuel am i going to loose by doing this.

any advice please :(

[ Edited Fri Jul 09 2004, 08:18AM ]

I did mine without removing anything, just get an M8 bolt and wind it in until the tension comes off the belt. If yours is fouling on something maybe you need a longer bolt so the head of it that you turn is well clear of anything. I ended up using a bolt with a large flat bladed screw head.