Since buying the car I've had problems with the Red brake warning lamp coming on in the dash at random times, and I'm assuming the ABS warning light would be coming on too if the previous owner hadn't kindly samshed the bulb in it. Haven't got round to putting it on VAGCOM yet, but will do after the weekend when I move back up to Yorkshire.

Anyway, after running the car and opening the bonnet after turning the engine off I can hear a buzzing noise coming from the ABS pump sort of area constantly for about 5 minutes... Is this normal or a sign of anything useful (i.e. pump failure etc)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'll be sure to bug some of you northern members on here about it when I move back up north... :D

Buzzing is thw water pump' date=' not the ABS pump

The flashing light could well be the brake fluid level. Check it!

[/quote']

Hi mate, Brake Fluid level is fine and I've checked contacts on the sensor too, not sure what it is that's causing the light, but best bet is to stick it on VAGCOM I'm sure...

Cheers

The buzzing sound is most probably the aux water pump.

If your moving up to West Yorkshire your more then welcome to pop down to my place to put it on the vagcom.

sanky

Cheers, think I'll take you up on that... would be very helpful and maybe I could sort you out with a pint or something in return...

:D