hi all bit of advice needed i have been offered a vf charger second hand its still on the car at moment so can been seen running it has done 1k with paper work to proove. he says make him an offer so what would be a reasonable price for this charger with the chip? also are these chargers any good thanks for looking

lee

i'd say offer £1500 - £1800, you have to take into account 8 hours labour fitting it too, nik saran charge £2350 +vat just for supply or £2500 + vat including fitting, power claims are from 172 bhp to 250 bhp and torque around 225 , they are supposed to be long lasting and they told me it will probably outlast the engine, these chargers are supposedly very good but only from what i've heard not personal experience

Is it a VS1 or VS2? What psi pulley wheel is it running? Oh and don't read too much into the power increase claims. Not sure what other mods you've got, but the charger doesn't do anything till around 4krpm - then the fun starts.

Reliability is good as they only run low boost - you must change your oil every 3 months though.

Mina

The vf stage 1 is a vortech v2 sq running 6 psi boost.

It does take 8 hours to install as the charger is oil fed - oil feed line/return line has to be fitted and the sump tapped etc. The z-kit takes half the time as it doesn't have any oil lines- bearings spin in a bath of oil.

The chip won't be mapped for cams and vgi and 268s won't be compatible with a charger.

jesus, you boys spend more money on the car than the cars worth! I've tried selling my 97 VR6 for £4k and wont even get a phone call!! And here you lot are spending £2k or so on a charger!!! Mind you i'm sure it will be "fun" to drive afterwards. I guess i'm just annoyed i have no disposal income now that i've bought my own house and have to drive a bog standard 172bhp. Was thinking of getting a sport coil set but dont know enough about them... any advice?

Might have to get a socket fitted in the ecu if your management chip is soldered onto the circuit board/unless it is plug and play already.

the chip is mapped for a standard engine + supercharger (not for the vgi/cams) so is probably useless anyway unless you put the standard cams back in.