advice needed ???

hello peeps, im in abit of a situation at the mo and cant decide on what to do, i have a very tidy example 3dr black vr6 golf with fsh 17's and lowered everything else std, i am thinkin of doin the r32 conversion

but here is where the problem starts, do i do the conversion to the vr6 or do i get a gti and do the conversion to this?

see with the vr6 id be chnaging the brakes, suspension, full re-spray (to go the euro effect) changin the wheels, gettin leather interior and obviously everything in the engine bay would be changed so what id be left with would be basically a shell (this is where i got thinkin)

so whats the diffrence between a gti shell and a vr6 shell?

any diffrence in suspension set-up? (i.e. doe is run a wider track on the vr6)

any diffrences that you know of please let me know as if i do the conversion to the gti id save a fair bit of cash as they make less money than what my vr6 is worth so would be a way of raising extra cash for upgrades :D

I must admit I do not know how to put the R32 system in to the mk3 shell, so this is just my 2p worth and of course I could be wrong :o ,

In essence all mk3 shells are the same. There are slight differences with the parts like engine mounts and of course cosmetic ones also. But if you are gonna do all that work you are probably gonna be puttin in new/modified mounting/access points for engines/g/boxes/ductwork/bodywork..(transmission tunnel if doing 4wheel drive) etc anyway so....... go for the cheap shell and have the money to do it right.

You just need to surf the Ebay for the high miles/salvage/spare or repair car (GTi/TDi) with the toys you want inside...

Good luck keep us all up to date with your progress & Pictures

I'm sorry mate' date=' but why bother?!! It's going to cost you a fortune!!

Surely for all the expense and hassle you're better off buying an R32 no? TWICE the car a VR6 will ever be.

For all the expence you're better off going 1.8t and getting a GT28RS turbo, 350bhp easy, and half the cost!

[/quote']

i agree, the gains of putting an R32 in are very little, compared to the cost and hassle. if i would to do it then i would go turbo...well infact that is what im doing, when i get sum more free time to finish it! lol

even get a charger im sure it wouldnt be that much more?

how much u thinking of spending in all?? with donar car, R32 engine, running gear, mods etc??

I'm sorry mate' date=' but why bother?!! It's going to cost you a fortune!!

Surely for all the expense and hassle you're better off buying an R32 no? TWICE the car a VR6 will ever be.

For all the expence you're better off going 1.8t and getting a GT28RS turbo, 350bhp easy, and half the cost!

[/quote']

tbh i prefer the mk3 shape to the mk4 or id go with the 4 motion mk4, but then you have the problem with the strenght of the 4wd system, r32 is pretty pricey tbh and i cant afford to lay that sort of money out in 1 go either.

im only goin fwd so theres no expence of the 4wd tunnel or anything like that, ive found r32 engines and running gear for around 3k so it aint that bad tbh, so what ur sayin is theres no gain from havin a 3.2 over the 2.8 ? bearing in mind im playin to go with the turbo route later on. so id be better to go to the max with the vr6 lump with turbo ect than start off with the r32 engine ?

not bitchin at you with these questions just askin dats all :D

If you're going to spend 3k on R32 parts and then all the hasstle fitting and fabricating things for it i'd deffo go Turbo on your VR6 instead.

You may see 3k as a reachable figure but unless you own a garage I'd add at least another 2k ontop of your figure just to get the project finished and running properly. It's not going to be a case of just throw the R32 engine in and it'll run!!!

Thing is, what ever you do to a FWD car the power is nigh on unusable around 400hp and above. If you had a syncro I may say different.

I don't know of one MK3 R32 and there may just be a reason for that!

i understand what ur sayin loud and clear and will take what you say into account very seriously as im not wantin to throw money away at the end of the day.

i cant see 400bhp+ being unusable tho tbh, ive driven lighter fwd cars with nearly that power and tbhits down to how you drive and put the power down at the end of the day