[moved] abs f**ked? HELP...

had an abs light (Intermittent) on my dash 4 months now & never bothered gettin it sorted as every1 says its dirty or f**ked sensor,drivin along very slow 2day & pushed my brake pedal as usual then got them big judders back through the pedal like wen u stamp on the brakes wen ur avin it down the road like a nutter & ur abs cuts in :-* its happened 3 times over the last few miles ive dun,gettin scared now cos they play a very high role of my vr drivin :S

ne feed bk would b good,thanx guys!

You need to get on the vagcom to have the fault codes read to find out which part of the ABS is fautly.

If the light is coming on intermitently it would be better to switch the ABS off all togther untill you can get it fixed.

I've never had to do this but one way you could switch the ABS off is by disconnecting one of the rear sensor as the wire is under the rear seat. This will make the system think that there is a fault and switch off the ABS all togther.

Hi' date=' I've got to put my MkIII through a local test thingy on Friday and my ABS light is now on. Does the panel with the ABS & SRS light on just pull off.

I was thinking of daisy chaining the ABS onto the SRS Light so they both come on then off.......

[/quote']

yeah it dose i had mine off at the weekend as my abs light is on, turned out mine is a shoddy speed sensor on the rear costin me £70 for the part from the stealers

To do the rear sensor if it is stuck in (most likely), you need to undo the caliper and tie it back against the shock, remove the caliper carrier (bolts are allen head 7mm?) that are probably frozen. Once that is off, remove the disc after undoing the wheel bearing nut. That gives you access to the sensor. The 4mm allen bolt retaining it will need to be removed, get some wd40 on it before you start and pray it doesn't snap off. After that the sensor should knock out, then put everything back with correct torque settings. Not easy if you haven't got the gear, done both my rears now 8o|