Might have shifted some dirt around when they probably cleaned the arches. Best bet would be to get it on vagcom to find which part of the abs is faulty. If it throws a sensor fault you will have to take it out and give it a clean to see if it goes away.

My rear abs sensor came on coulpe of day's after i did the discs and pads, i ended up just jet washing underneath the car near the faulty sensor and the fault cleared up. Lasted a good part of a year.

Be careful tho because when mine had a intermittant ABS sensor fault sometimes the Sensor whould make the car think the wheel had locked up and apply the ABS when it wasnt needed this greatly increased my stopping distance and was very dangerous! Your better off with a light thats on permenatly with no ABS at all!

Not exactly sure but if i had managed to get my rear one out in one peice i would have probably used something like WD40.

The rear ones should be easy to find just look for an electric wire and follow it to the hub as there shouldn't be anything electical there.

As for the front ones i will try and dig you a pic out