thought its about time i post some pics of my wet weather car....(for the days when im not on my suzuki gsxr!!), 1993 k plate golf vr6, 180,000 miles, sunroof, aircon , full closure alarm, lowered on spax shocks and springs, new tyres all round, kenwood mp3/cd player, k&n 57i cone filter, ditry as you like engine, interior mint considering the mileage!!!(also has a stealth speed reducing towbar!! lol) all for the bargin ebay price of £510 !! not bad with 8 months mot and 1 months tax either!! havent got much planned, changing the plugs/leads/dizzy cap etc this week as had an intermitent misfire which came then went, then change the oil in the engine and the gearbox, then de-cat the old girl and maybe fit a decent exhaust too...

23082006075.jpg

23082006074.jpg

23082006078.jpg

23082006077.jpg

23082006079.jpg

23082006080.jpg

(B)

yeah its a bit rough and ready, been there done that with mk2 gti 16v's (bowt 6 of em..) and spent thousands on my mk4 gti coil overs 18" wheels, arb's, and i could go on.... as stated its a wet weather car so nothing planned really other than decattin it...

yup its got air con... is that a p1ss take question?? lol lol !! er its got a air con rad, compressor, all the other bits and when you switch it on it sups more petrol as well as blowin icecold air into the car.. lol !! you can see the insulated pipes near the rad, and the refridgerant cylinder...and if i was to clean the red/silver sticker on the front panel its got a compressed gas air con warning sticker so yeah i thinks its got aircon!!

just got rid of my kwack zx9r as it was always scarin the crap out of me!!, now got gsxr600 srad after a k3/4 next year myself, have more fun on this than the kwack!

30082006081.jpg

wheels are a pain in the @rse bigtime to clean, will get round to doin em properly, not changing for any bigger ones as i like the ride and look how it is, i love oe bbs's..

im gonna run it through winter as it is and if it do'snt give me any grief (like last week!! lol) then ill be gettin Hardcore Dubz (as its round the corner) to give it a lob over in white with a bit of a pearl twinge...

but im a bit of a one for changin me cars so who knows.....

ill take a pic of the button for aircon and recycle, i think you might be right about aftermarket as the buttons are near the heated rear window switch area and dont blend in if you know what i mean, i think you can just make em out on the interior picture...??? might this explain why the wiring loom has no 'insulation tape' kind of cover hardly any where in the car or engine bay? or has the coating just rotted away or has it been plagued with leccy faults in the past and its been removed to aid finding probs?? ill take some pics of that too.. i wonder if it could have any thing to do with the intermitent misfire/pants running i had last week??? damp getting in all these open sockets plugs wires etc??? the joys of buying a banger... i love tinkering and d.i.y'ing as well as driving lol...

got my new front discs on the way, got pads ready, dizzy cap, rotor arm, and new plugs and leads on the way too, and will give the k+n a clean and change the oil and filter and flush the coolant and refill with the pink vw stuff i used in my mk4, then hopefully it will serve me well during the winter months :)

• 5 months later...