Im having a few problems with my VR6. Ive just had new plugs and leads fitted but the car runs very nicely until up to temperature and then all of a sudden for no apparent reason, it loses all power and goes into limp mode and sounds like a scooby and its getting rather frustrating as it does it every day.

The leads are fine, could the plugs be faulty or is it something else?

Its a 94m corrado with coilpack.

Thanks

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses. From my research on here and other forums, I would be surprised if its the coilpack, as it runs as good as gold from cold. I believe this rules that out?

I think its more of a wiring issue to be honest although I spoke with Vince at stealth today who thought it could be fuse / fuel pump related.

Im going to put it on Vagcom tomorrow and see what that revelas and get any previous faults cleared.

Keep the suggestions coming through though please!

Col

Start with the basics' date=' MAF, Throttle body, Plugs and leads (again), then work on checking the fuel system, pump, injectors, press. reg.

Seems wierd it's fine when cold. Any other symptoms, smoke from exhaust, excessive engine noise?

[/quote']

There are no other symptoms at all? One minute its fine, but then you feel the engine loose all power and it then sounds like a scooby and barely has any power at all?

UPDATE - Vagcom initially revealed a load of errors, these were cleared and its come back with Ignition output 3 - short circuit to positive. This was then cleared and the car actually went into scooby mode immediately. Vagcom put back on and above message only one there.

It looks very much like it could be the coilpack, so I am going to get it changed on Monday.

Can someone give me a list of other problems a failing coilpack would cause, as before I got the plugs changed, on occasions, normally when hot, it would seem down on power. Once car cooled down again, back to normal.

If it was Cam sensor, surely it would be donw on power all the time?

Thanks again

Col

the coil pack are made of a sort of bakerlite substance, when hot they expand and this can cause arcing or loss of power, when its cold the gap may just be smaller and there is no effect, i had this but it was only leads arcing when hot, new leads and it cleared immediately, this also cleared a slight hesitation i used to get when in low gear hard accelerating.

Car no longer sounds like a scooby so coilpack has cured that problem. I still feel that car is a bit underpowered although this seems to be all the time now?

having said that, I took it out tonight and it was much better, although not perfect? - Has anyone else noticed their Vrs running a bit slower than the norm in the recent humid temperatures?