Highlines heavy?

Air con weighs approx 25-30kgs. I doubt the leather seats will add a huge amount over a stock car..the seats are the same shape..just leather on the outside instead of fabric. Standard car weighs 1180kgs kerb weight...so a Highline will be around 1210kgs kerb weight at most. The engine itself and power is the same in either car. However if you are doing any racing make sure your air con is turned off as it will sap about 5bhp when its on.

I might be wrong but I think the climate control unit fitted to some Highlines ads more weight than just plain air con but again i'm sure its minimal and would hardly be noticable. I doubt that leather interior is that much heavier than standard trim.

Kevin

I don't have climate control btw.

the kerb weight on a 5 door compared to a 3 door is minimal, dont forget a 3 door still has a rear 1/4 panel and interior trim and glass! a window motor and a couple of hinges dont weigh nufink man! and you cant make your nan sit in the back of a 3 door so she will have to spill hot chocolate and piss on your front seat instead :o;):)

my syncro's boot plate states 1800kg! thats a whopping deal more than 1260kg with buggy and shopping! still i'm sure theres quite a bit more metal underneath.. :)

1800kg sounds like the max permissable vehicle weight. Standard GTi alloys are rated at 450kg a corner. Can't remember the figures for BBSs.

Leather isn't going to add much relatively. Having just refitted my passanger seat I can vouch that cloth ones are heavy enough.

TG

my syncro's boot plate states 1800kg! thats a whopping deal more than 1260kg with buggy and shopping! still i'm sure theres quite a bit more metal underneath.. :)

1800kg sounds like the max permissable vehicle weight. Standard GTi alloys are rated at 450kg a corner. Can't remember the figures for BBSs.

Leather isn't going to add much relatively. Having just refitted my passanger seat I can vouch that cloth ones are heavy enough.

TG

450kg a corner!!

Yeah, agreed as above, must be max 'gross' weight permissable, as opposed to kerb weight when the car's empty.