I WANT THIS CAR!

Looks really gd mate. Service history is the only sticking point, but if you can get the claimed information confirmed with the garage the previous owner used then shouldn't be a problem, especially if you plan on keeping it long-term rather than selling-on. Fingers crossed for you matey! :-)

I would stay clear of VR's with no proper service history mate... but then that's just my opinion.

A vr is a solid buy and extremely reliable but only IF it is well looked after and serviced regularly. It's like any sports car, a VR, Evo, Subaru etc... these cars are thrashed, (as they're designed to), and therefore need more looking after than a bog standard car, and normally will actually last much much longer than a bog standard car...because it has been well looked after.

Anyone can sell their car and say they themselves or one of their mates has serviced it themselves because they can do it...but at the end of the day you are having to trust they have done it. I wouldn't at all. It is just a risk that aint worth it. I would keep a look out for ones that do have a full service history. What's your budget mate? You can get good ones for £3k.

The last linked one was is now sold, so there goes that option. Not too gutted though TBH. i would love a car with s/h, my current budget is £2200 but should be going upto £2400 in a couple of weeks.

I bought the 1st VR I looked at - had no S/H or anything but I fell in love with the noise, I was lucky though I think as I havent had any probs in almost 2 years touch wood.

I dont see what all the fuss with people wanting a Highline & nothing else tho really - I know it was the top model etc but theres not that much difference to be honest, I prefer my non-highline Golf.

I agree with Seademon. I wanted a Highline at first, but then through the months of searching for a nice VR example, I realised it was just minimising my chances of finding the best example. For your budget, I would say you have a better chance of finding a nice non-Highline. Slightly lower insurance group as well.

I agree with Mark(seademon) too. But thats my personal opinion. I personally wasn't after leather or air con when I bought mine..the weather's not that hot in this country and it sucks about 5bhp from your car too and weighs 30kgs.

I have to admit Leather would have been nice but the seat itself is exactly the same shape with same hugging side supports as the fabric one.

The engine and power in the highline and non-highline is exactly the same too.

However all this is my personal opinion. If you are definitely after leather and air con hold out for a Highline or some non-highlines that had leather and air con as add-on options when the owner originally bought it brand new. Or you can always buy leather recaros and fit them...very nice and these weren't on either model unless as an option.