Is my price realistic?

Thanks for the reply. The tailgate was always one of those things that I never got round to doing. Its nice to get confirmation of my pricing, thanks, it always dificult to price a modified (slightly) car. The price seemed fair to me considering the £1000 stereo and the £700 shock absorbers + the timing chain. The proof of the pudding I suppose will be the sale...well hopefull sale, thn its hello oil burning pd150 tdi for me, its the best I can do considering my budget and my anual mileage.

I think sell the stereo, use some of the money to fix the tailgate, then you may get what you are asking for it.

I would of been interested if the tail gate wasnt like that, and it didnt have high miles, as i seem to be upping my budget every day! LOL.

I think sell the stereo' date=' use some of the money to fix the tailgate, then you may get what you are asking for it.

I would of been interested if the tail gate wasnt like that, and it didnt have high miles, as i seem to be upping my budget every day! LOL.

[/quote']

My logic to not painting it was at least the person seeing it can see the "damage" by painting it peple can start to wonder why its been painted. I had a quote from what I consider to be a bodyshop worthy of working on it and it was £400! The last thing I wanted to do was to take it to a garage that charged reasonable money and it to come back looking like a patchwork quilt..

Is my spelling of "realistic" correct? Doesnt look right to me!

I think sell the stereo' date=' use some of the money to fix the tailgate, then you may get what you are asking for it.

[/quote']

My logic to not painting it was at least the person seeing it can see the "damage" by painting it peple can start to wonder why its been painted. I had a quote from what I caonsider to be a bodyshop worthy of working on it and it was £400! The lat thing I wanted to do was to take it to a garage tat charged reasonable money and it to come back looking like a patchwork quilt..

Is my spelling of "realistic" correct? Doesnt look right to me!

Yes you have spelt it correctly. ;)

i had a worse tailgate than that on an earlier mk3 and it cost me 170 to have done, and looked like new.

people arent bothered if a car comes with no stereo things like paintwork and general conditin are what ppl look at, so agree with last few comments.

Mate, your car is hardly modified! Unless the car is HIGHLY modified ie: charger, loads of engine work, expensive rims and a costly leather re-trim (even this you wont make anything like what you may have spent on it - it may if your lucky make it slightly more sellable) you will loose money on it end of story.

If your desperate to sell it mate, I would recommend spending some money on it cosmetically, it doesn't look the most tidy example and a good weekend polishing and cleaning will add value and make it more desirable. In that condition and that price, I would keep looking. Just some friendly advice mate ;)

All advice is welcome. The bodywork is OK apart from the 2 points highlighted. The pictures shown were taken when its dirty so dont show it in its best light this doesnt alter the fact that there are a couple of problems with it.

I dont expect to make money on it, I realise you dont make mony on modifying your car. What I was hoping that with the £1000 stereo, the £700 shockers and that all timing chains being replaced that the car is worth around what I advertised it at. If it is too expensive I will have to drop the price, bearing it in mind that it does say ONO is it too expensive? If so what is a reasonable price

Best way to find out if it's the right price is advertice it and see what the response is... the timing chains being done is a good selling point but people will still be put off by the bodywork even though it's fairly cheap to fix. Maybe you could get a quote for the repairs to show interested parties what it will cost?