Eibach anti roll bars

as ingham says.

sounds to me like he just wanted you to buy a set of alloys there and then, and would tell you anything to do it. obviously knows jack shit about vw's as well.

uprated arb's are probably the most needed thing on a vr6. wish i could afford some. a pair of eibach arbs costs about £200, neuspeed are about £350 (and worth the extra).

repplace both at the same time, or you could end up with a very oversteery car!!

neuspeed are a good idea as they come with a full fitting kit inc front arb links (eibachs dont include this AFAIK) which is a weakspot on the vr6, even with a standard arb. putting the extra pressure from an uprated one on a standard link is a bad idea.

Guest couzens

Right, you lot have convinced me. Shall order this week eibach arb's with powerflex arb links and see how I get on. Sorry Andrew can't afford or justify the price of neuspeed as I'm not a grand prix driver!

[ Edited Sun Jul 04 2004, 04:49PM ]

powerflex don't make arb links...they onyl make poly mounting bushes for the where the arb mounts to the subframe.

the powerflex bushes for the arb links are for the mkII and non-vr6 mkIII golfs, which have a different (and stronger arb link), so they are of no use to you.

[ Edited Sun Jul 04 2004, 05:40PM ]

see, this is how our vr6's are set up...

vr6.jpg

it's no.17 that is the link and keeps snapping.

heres a mkII/non-vr6 mkIII set up...

non-vr6.jpg

no. 15 is the link on there, which is stronger, and has the rubber ring inside it, which is what powerflex make.

if you do break an arb link whilst driving, you'll hear a banging noise where it hits the driveshaft. you'll have to get towed home, cause if you keep driving its likely to puncture the cv gator. i've broken two with a standard bar!

Guest couzens

So, are you saying I will have to use new OE ones as my current ones are shagged or is there another after market company that makes just poly bushes for the arb' on the VR?

When I checked C&R this morning, I couldn't find the ones for the VR6! What do Neuspeed use and can you buy them separately?

[ Edited Sun Jul 04 2004, 07:14PM ]

powerflex do bushes for where the arb is attached to the subframe (no. 16/19), these ARE supplied with eibachs.

however neuspeed also include the link (no. 17)

i'm not saying buy new ones when you fit your eibach bars, but be prepared to break a couple along the lines.

i'm not aware of any uprated ones being sold yet. let me know if you come across any. i have heard of someone getting a local engineer to beef up the standard ones, but that would only be the straight bit of the link, and mine both had the the ring that goes round the balljoint part of it let go.

you can get the links from euro car parts. i would get new ones when fitting just so you can start from fresh.

can't remember how much they were ( not expensive though) but when you serched for them they came up as corrado vr6 linkd but they fit fine.

and if one goes the second will follow within a month or two!

someone has to make uprated ones somewhere. i wonder if the neuspeed ones are available separatly, and whether they are compatible with o.e. or eibach bars.