Need your help

Can only comment for the mk3 VR, but it aint too bad for a performance car. Depends alot on if you're driving urban or outside city. If i'm driving out of town i'll get about 30mpg if i'm driving fairly hard :-p or up to 34-35mpg when takin it easy. In town is another story though....not good!

Hi mate' date=' good thanks. Don't really come on here much any more, as not really very relevant to my new Beemer! But got an email saying I might get culled, and we can't have that!

[/quote']

Mr Ben, Nice 330! How does it compare to the VR in terms of performance? Is that the 231bhp version? :)

sorry to but in but i see that everyone seems not to like the 1.8t lump,now im thinkin of a mk 4 1.8t as my next car as iv driven a few of them,the only bad 1 iv driven was with a duff air mass meter(was soooooo flat lol)

now iv found that its a nice car to drive so i was wonderin peoples opinions on it 2

fuel consumption is about the same on a MK4 4mo as my VR6, my mate sold his v6 FTO to get the golf and it uses half the fuel that jap thing did! fuel consumption is down to how you drive it, but i can honestly say the 4 mo is a lovely car to drive, interior is lovelyand the outside with it subtle looks and no roof spoiler it is really minimalist, standard suspension isnt that firm but saying that there are dangers in lowering them as you can muck up the haldex diff apparantly.

heard that four motions have a lot of unreliability problems, not sure if thats the case but have heard some right horror stories regarding a lot of different aspects to them. the 1.8t maybe a bit souless compared to a v6 noise but is infinately more tunable for power at a relatively lower cost to your pocket. and it can be made into a car with soul, but you gotta love the noise of a v6! ultimately it depends on what you want to do with the car in terms of power/running costs and overall modifications when looking into long term ownership and potential!