Air filter

Guest VR6newbie

HI was wondering wether putting a new air filter on willl make any difference and if so what make and model? Iwas thinking a KnN 57i if they did one for the VR6. WHat do u guys think?

I run a ramair(stop thinking that pittuf :P;) ) the sound is great and it did make 193 at the last rr with the ramair but ultimately it all comes down to how the car drives on the road, the car felt flat above 4000rpm and didn?t feel like 193 to be honest....if it sound your after then go for it but if you have expectation of your vr going faster you maybe disappointed!

[ Edited Wed Jun 09 2004, 12:04AM ]

Guest VR6newbie

NOt really speed i was goin for i do like the sound of ( dare i say it on here) the sucking sound but also thought about economics to such as fuel consumption. Especially as the bloody bastards r putting up prices! wankers

mines a k&n (i think) cant hear any induction roar (maybe cuz the exhaust) but it seems to rev freely i cant wait to get it on the rollers to find out what its puttin out iv thought about puttin stock airbox on and drillin it

Guest Olly_K

newbie you wont hear the sucking sound on any filter on a NA car. The only car i heard the sucking of air on was my RS turbo. But on the plus side get a ramair and it'll growl like feck ! (bmc's are better and you can pipe a cold air feed right to it, but very expensive and not as loud.)

I run a ramair(stop thinking that pittuf :P;) ) the sound is great and it did make 193 at the last rr with the ramair but ultimately it all comes down to how the car drives on the road' date=' the car felt flat above 4000rpm and didn?t feel like 193 to be honest....if it sound your after then go for it but if you have expectation of your vr going faster you maybe disappointed!

[ Edited Wed Jun 09 2004, 12:04AM ']

What on earth do you mean, like I'd get anything sinister out of ram air, I feel hurt and offended, lol :P:P