Mk3 Golf - Leon Brembo brake set-up

Hello Gents,

I have a US-Spec Mk3 Vr6 Golf with 280mm front brakes. I was looking to get the Seat Leon Cupra front Brembo calipers and rotors but am not sure if it will work. Do any of you know? Do I need to change the hub or will it be enough with carriers, calipers and rotors?

Thanks for the help.

Manuel

Hello IbizaPartBoy,

Thanks for your response.

I have the 288mm rotors on my car right now. So does it fit from what you know? My car is a US-Spec car, does that make a difference?

Where should I have posted this? Figured since it was under BRAKES it was correct.

Thanks for the comments. Any other people who can help or have done this?

Thanks,

Korsou

I have them fitted to my car, 323mm discs with the Brembo calliper. It's a straight fit as long as you have the wee metal packer, I'll post a photo.....

F5989E8F-D097-4037-9B2A-E1961C5E0FCE_zps

39B98A39-C068-4846-8C34-28051EB1C553_zps

14AA839F-BF33-4E63-A1ED-5896EF9BC075_zps

Im not a mechanic nor mechanically minded all I know is I payed a good few quid from buying, restoring to fitting these brakes. Defo worth it though as look super and stop the car very well. Hope this helps you :)

Hello Richi,

That looks awesome !!!!!

What is a wee metal packer? So you just got the rotors, calipers and carriers and it all worked with no mods at all? Is it possible for you to confirm 100% as you did not do it yourself. No offense !!!

Could you post a picture of your car completed with the wheels? If you have the size etc for the wheels that would also help as I know I will run into that later on.

Thanks a lot,

Korsou

Richi,

Your car looks BAD-ASS !!!!!!! The wheels are 17x8 right? It doesn't rub in the back? I was thinking of getting the same Cupra wheels but I think they are 18" and I would want 17" on my car not 18.

Thanks once again for the info. I assume it is the same 6mm spacer IbizaPartyBoy was mentioning.

One last question, did you use the Leon braided brake-lines or do the regular VR6 ones work as well?

Thanks a lot,

Manuel

The 6mm spacers go between the actual hub and carrier. I packed mine out with 3 washers per bolt. You need longer bolts to gold the carriers as well (6mm longer than standard, just measure yours and get them off ebay)

The spacers are needed for any mk4 based brake conversion onto a mk3 platform as far as I know.

323 cupra r discs and brembos fit perfectly behind TT comps.

TT comps are et32 and 7 or 7.5j iirc..

I would show u pics of the spacers and where they go etc but my car is now a bare shell haha..

Hello Gents,

You guys ROCK !!!!

Awesome knowledge base. I am looking for the complete brake setup in Spain but they seem to be hard to find. Another question, are the Brembo brakes better than the AP Racing brakes?

I think the AP Racing are 312mm and the Brembo 323 right?

Anyone selling some good AUDI Comps? I really like how those look on the car but at the same time am thinking of getting something less flashy. Still need to think about it. 

Thanks yet again for the help.

Have a great one,

Korsou

• 1 month later...

Hello RysaVRT,

Thanks for your post. I have already acquired a set of Brembo calipers and rotors etc. Do send me a pic of you kit as I have some friends who might be interested.

Does anybody know where I can get a rebguilt kit for the Brembo brakes? I plan on taking mine apart to paint etc and would like to use new seals.

Thanks,

Korsou

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...