Firstly some background to my problem...

Ive had 4 people in my car today with luggage in the boot (was doing an airport run). Whenever I went over a bump the rear drivers tyre was catching on the arch.

The tyres are 215/40/R16's and the wheels are 8" wide. Running on standard suspension at the mo...

The question is, if I put coilovers on (from the group buy :-)) will the problem be worse? ?! I only want to drop it 30mm and dont want the ride to be too harsh as its a daily driver (100 miles per day).

At the end of the day I suppose I am asking whether I need to get the archs pulled/rolled? ?!

Thanks for your help.

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

what suspension are you currently running mate ive got 205 40 17s on koni/eibach set up and can load my car to the brim with no rubs but im on 7,5 j seems that most ov the people running 8s end up getting arches rolled but looking at gap on your tyre to arch id say your prob is possibly weak rear shocks cos i am sitting much lower on tyres and like i say no rubs .

Firstly some background to my problem...

Ive had 4 people in my car today with luggage in the boot (was doing an airport run). Whenever I went over a bump the rear drivers tyre was catching on the arch.

The tyres are 215/40/R16's and the wheels are 8" wide. Running on standard suspension at the mo...

The question is' date=' if I put coilovers on (from the group buy :-)) will the problem be worse? ?! I only want to drop it 30mm and dont want the ride to be too harsh as its a daily driver (100 miles per day).

At the end of the day I suppose I am asking whether I need to get the archs pulled/rolled? ?!

Thanks for your help.

[ Edited ']

[ Edited ]

check out my post about my new a wheels....i have the same problem drivers rear :?

If you run coilovers, depending on which ones your after you will be able to adjust the dampning ie. stiffen the rear, thus making it stop rubbing. I run mine VERY low now on 215/40/17's with 8" rims, and although I have had arch work done I still need to occasionally tweak the hardness up when have a full load on board.

So if you get the right coilover setup you may find you can actually go lower and still eliminate the rubbing!

I have 8j design 90's on the rear with 215/40/16's on with FK coilovers, they were rubbing really badly but I just raised the height a little (is dropped about 60mm) and stiffened them up a bit till I get to sort out the rear arches, I still get the occasional scrape from the rear, I also changed the width of the adaptors on the rear from 25mm to 20mm which helped considerably