Hello,

I need to replace part 16 on the following diagram (Etka Illustration 129-26)

Does anyone know what this is and what function it performs?

My etka cd doesnt have a part number and neither do the vw maindealers!! The parts guy thinks it may come with the air intake hose (12) at £103.53!!

Does anyone have part 16 available?

Cheers,

Steve

Its a pressure valve for the rocker cover.

Your correct, the vw ones come as part of the intake pipe.

My advise is to go to ford and get one for a galaxy vr, they sell em seperate and for about £20 iirc ;)

Those things break all the time, resulting in oil spilling onto the exhaust manifold and stinking out the car. Bad design. Unfortunately, they aren't available to buy separately, you need to buy a whole new inlet pipe.

The inlet pipes cost over £80 (+ VAT) from VW, but I am reliably informed you can buy an intake pipe for a pre-1998 Galaxy V6 from a Ford dealer and it's exactly the same part for less than 40 quid.

Better still, find a pre-1994 Golf or Corrado VR6 at a breakers. These use a rubber inlet pipe which is not subject to the same cracking problem. After having to replace two of the bloody things, that's what I did.

Thanks for the response posts!

Am I right in saying that this pressure valve is part of the crankcase ventillation system?? (Recirculating rocker cover fumes back into the inlet system). What does the inline sensor do? What does the ecu use this measurement for?

Will running the car with this valve in two pieces cause any problems? At the moment the two parts are seperate and the fumes are venting in to the engine bay.

I havent noticed any performance issues but the cabin is starting to smell a bit oily :(

Steve

It's not a sensor, it's a pressure valve. It does nothing until the pressure difference is enough and then opens to vent the crank case. It's also got an oil trap to stop too much being burnt.

The only problem of running it as you are is that the pipe leading into the air system will be letting in unfiltered air to the engine.

TG

Hi TG,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I better try and secure the pressure valve in place as best as possible for the time being (tape??). Unfiltered air is not good news.

The sensor I'm referring to is upstream of the pressure valve. It plugs straight into the inlet tube.

Steve

Guest teamcanada

i've been looking for the same thing!

can I get that same piece in Canada? (the sharan one)

Everyone I have talked to has told me the only way to get it is with the whole tube etc.

Thanks