Replacement headlight required?

I've got a 1997 mkIII VR6 imported from Japan into New Zealand. The adjuster on the left headlight is shot and I'm assuming I need to get a replacement 2nd hand headlight unit for the car to pass its MOT (WOF or Warrant of Fitness in our world). Trouble is I can't seem to get hold of the part number. VW parts are playing coy. Can anyone advise on the best approach either to fix the adjuster or to find the part number or even to find a headlight unit at a sensible price - I'm coming to the UK in a couple of weeks. I'm not a techie so this probably seems more difficult to me than most others in the club.

Thanks for any assistance or guidance. :)

unfortunately matey the adjusting acrew is not available separatly from vw!!! :-(

however i may have a spare headlamp in my garage i can nick one from ... will try to remember to have a look later

if i havent re posted send me a pm in the next couple of days

richie - vw parts man .. ;)

Thanks to Richievr and Riggsvr6 for replying so quickly. I've sent a message to each of you.

VR6s aren't that common in New Zealand so its not so straightforward to get 2nd hand parts.

Looking forward to being back in the UK in two weeks - yeah bring on the Summer.