Hi All,

My 96 VR6 is due a service, the last one being April last year, the car has done approx. 8000 miles since then. I only bought the car in October and the current milage is at 69k. All services that the previous did were through a VW dealer/garage. I want to do the service myself as dont really want to pay a garage/dealer a couple of hundred quid to change the oil!!! Basically what I want to know is what needs to be done for the service or are there any books/manuals that will guide me through the service.

Any help is much appreciated

The last big bill on my car before i bought it was from a main dealer and it was £980.My mate owns a garage and says he would do the same big service as this for £400.Find a reputable garage near you and give it to them and make sure they stamp the book.

ian

ur service interval is either every 19k or once a year mate so technically ur only due a oil anf ilter change,i work for a main dealer and we would only charge u 160 quid all in?

in that service its only oil change oil filter change,screen wash,lube of all thwe working parts like doors locks etc and a full vehicle check

The last big bill on my car before i bought it was from a main dealer and it was £980.My mate owns a garage and says he would do the same big service as this for £400.Find a reputable garage near you and give it to them and make sure they stamp the book.

ian

Bloody hell with mates like that who needs enemies ! :o

ian

Bloody hell with mates like that who needs enemies ! :o

pmsl (y) (y) (y) :)

took my car to local dealer for annual service,also incl. vehicle check,how they manage to check the condition of my brakes discs/pads without removing a single wheel is beyond me and they wanted to charge £110 (1 hour labour) to ajust my rear wheel bearings because of a slight play,did the adjusting myself took 10 minuet and 2 split pin cost 20p.

sorry i miss typed i meant every 10k lol

by the way i not sure bout other dealerships but we carry out a full car checkon every car,and to be fair its pretty thorough

oh and for the 161 quid we would do oil and filter change,screen wash, lube all the moving parts like hinges lockes etc and then the full vehicle check

its not just a case of up on the ramp change the oil and out again lol

still expensive tho ;)