Hi, I have a new problem with my car, I have bought some new alloys and thought i would go for the safe option and get 16s , this is because I didn't want them to rub with the lowering i have had(only 35 or 40 mm), BUT..... you guessed it there is rubbing but just on my back passenger side wheel, if it was just occasional i wouldn't mind but i think i might go through 1 tyre a month the way its rubbing!! Is it common for just one wheel to rub or is my car a lopsided cut and shut??? And what can i do about it,cheapest options first please :?

ugh great, wrong offset thats all i need!! I was assured they were right but you know what these alloy companies are like wanting your money, I have 205 50 16's , (Pirellis) , 6 month old sachs suspension ,not checked my bearing but will do that too

ugh great' date=' wrong offset thats all i need!! I was assured they were right but you know what these alloy companies are like wanting your money, I have 205 50 16's , (Pirellis) , 6 month old sachs suspension ,not checked my bearing but will do that too [/quote']

205-50-16.........you have the wrong rr.............standard vr's run 205-50-15.................for a 16" wheel you should have a 45profile tyre............40 for 17" so on!

I had exactly the same problem after fitting my 7.5x17s - rubbing on one side only.

Took the car into AmD and they did a 4-wheel alignment. No parts were replaced.

Car has been fine ever since.

Apparently there is a left-right adjustment on the rear beam.

This is worth checking out. Even if your wheels are the wrong offset, they would rub the same on both sides, assuming of course that the car is evenly loaded.

[ Edited Sat May 29 2004, 12:50AM ]