Top end on So called stock VR

I was running between Richards Bay and Empangeni today... Ok for those of you's who don't know, these 2 cities are about 30 km or 14 odd miles apart. Open road with enough lanes to pass safely, but minibusses (taxis here) tend to cut you of, so you really test the ability of the stopping power on the VR6. Mine being a 1997 model, with the ABS lights etc. doing a MAGNIFICENT job on slowing from the 200+ to the measly 75-80 that these idiots do, a couple of times impressed me once again on my toy.

OK back to the original topic... I was running at about 5700RPM in 5th gear sitting between 210 and 220 km'h and the VR seemed a little reluctant to run the last few RMP when I falttaned the pedal.

Any ideas on how to get that "dead" spot gone when entering the 200+ chapter of the speedo. I was thinking a 75Hp Nitrous kit with an independant fuel management system, perhaps a set of cams, maybe even ordering a turbo system from the Queen's country, as South Africa is taxed to death by the powers that be on standard import shops.

I really need some words of wisdom here. There is a Golf Jumbo shape running in the country with a turbocharged motor doing 286Kw on the wheels, I don't know what that is in BHP, but it's KICK@ss quick, doing 288Km'h over the 1Km sprint... That would be nice, but I don't have 4500 pounds to do a conversion like that

What do I need to fill the speedo without spending my entire life savings?

Anything will be appreciated. I am willing to import from thr UK to get those few extra Kw / Hp on my little squeak toy...

8-|

She needs a JHB to DBN trip, to open her up...that should close the GAP from 5700 - 6500rpm which should show your speedometer going past the 240km/h mark, I have a 98'model she runs like a dream....about the other stuff I personally wouldn't fiddle with the engine its too delicate unless you want it to be "tweaked" VR then let me know how it goes...

i don't remember having this on my stock vr, although i had an induction kit, i doubt it'd make that much difference, it would pull cleanly to 135mph (217kmph) and then the last 10mph to 145 (233kmph) would be hit/miss depending on wind, road surface/inclination.

unfortunately we cant get up to those speeds on UK motorways, only at the straights on circuits.