supercharger rebuild/overhaul?

as i am keeping the car long term i am interested in the above.could anybody tell me where/how long and how much?the charger is a vortech v2 sq.ideally someone in the north,but i am willing to travel for the right expert knowledge.was gunner make enquires at stealth?

cheers in advance.

Don't know anyone in the UK who does or can do s/c rebuilds but I know where you can buy rebuild kits (bearings and seals) I'm interested too. Is it a job you can do yourself or do you need special tools?

From what I've read the only people who can do the rebuilds are the manufacturers but there must be firms out there who have the knowledge/skill/tools as superchargers are definitely not complicated things. Maybe someone who reconditions turbos could do it as they are not entirely dissimilar.

If your looking to get your charger serviced/rebuilt i would look towards germany. There are pitstop developments and jabba sport ion the uk. Ive heard bad things about jabba, dont really know pitstop, but both are quite pricey in comparison to RPM tuning and SLS in germany. An overhaul over there wopuld be about 500 Euro's possibly more, but works out cheaper overall.

A standard charger should last about 30-40k miles before it needs an overhaul. Seals should prob be changed every 10k, and bearing every 20k, just as a rough guideline.

My g-lader on my G40, hasnt been serviced, the cars done 108k, and it still pulls sweetly!

If your s/charger's working fine then i would say not to bother doing anything just yet - if its not broke dont fix it!

You can buy bearing and sealing stip kits from ebay germany for about £120 possibly more or less, depending on the quality of the products!

S/chargers are quite straight forward to open up an clean, and replace any bearings or seals. Also if you are opening it up, then its probably worth greasing up with some s/charger grease.