porter cable 7724 polishers

Last time my car was in the bodyshop I was standing watching them polish it using something similar to this.

He turned his head to me for 2 seconds and the paint was gone :-(

Had to be re-done. Even people that know what they are doing can make a simple mistake.

I myself will just stick to old fasioned elbow grease :-)

Mark.

Its not a bad price but i think there will be Customs Tax to be added on as its coming from the US.

Earwig- I think body shop would have used a rotary polisher which are quite dangerous in the worng hands

But the PC is a bit more safer as it has random orbit and has a low speed to start with so you can use to it all. And i would suggest that people try in on scrap panels firs to get a feel for it.

And as Jay say's some lessons in using it properly woudn't go a miss either.

This guy will help you out in using it properly

http://www.the-detailer.com/index.htm

And will be holding a detailing day soon, so you can try various produts on your cars to see what your happy with, before shelling out loads more money on products and pads.

tbh, the polishers you see in most bodyshops are just rotational jobbies. thats whats so handy about the pc and why it gets a lot of excellent reports. its an orbital polisher which means it doesnt just spin on the same axis, it rotates up and down and side to side. i'm not saying you cant strip paint to primer with it, but its not as easy as it is with an industrial mopper! the site above on skanky's reply is a good one to go to for advice on using the pc tho! its still a good price and a group discount would go someway to offsetting the import duties levvied!