hello people i was just wonderin if anyone could help me find the engine speed sensor (G28) & the Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) ive had a good look last nite an cant seem to find them. ive got a 1994 vr6. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

hi mate

coolant temp sensor is just to the right and below the inlet manifold.. they're on the thermostat housing facing the back of the rad.....

if you have air con there are 3 switches if you don't there will be 2 and a blank plug...

the engine speed sensor is bolted to the lower front part of the block near to the gearbox end with a single allen key .....

the connector for it is just by the other sensor ...

1143808298_594_FT111060_76441283_.jpg

p.s.this is not my engine unfortunately......thanks to whoever's it is - found on google...

yeah ive had my car put on the diagnostics and its come up that theres no signal coming from the speed sensor or the coolant temperature sensor. an my cars just been a bit off the pace at the mo which is why i had it checked. done a google search for the two sensors to see what they were an the engine speed sensor said * Signal application: *

The signal is used for registration of engine speed and, in conjunction

with the signal from the Hall Sender, for recognition of ignition TDC

in cylinder Number 1.

and the coolant temp sensor said

* Signal application: *

Coolant temperature sensor signals are required as a correction factor

for determination of ignition timing, injection timing and idle speed

stabilization.

Disco, what sort of symptoms are you experiencing with your motor? I also have a 1994 VR6, which at the moment is causing me a bit of grief :( . 99% of the time its sweet as a nut but lately [particularly when it's warm], when I stop at a junction or lights etc, it sometimes dips right down in revs and then stalls. Even if you catch it in time and give it some revs it doesn't make a difference, it's like it's just decided to die.Straight afterwards it doesn't just turn over either, you've got to give it revs straight away to stop it from dying again. These symptoms seem similar to the description of the coolant sensor given. If not this, can anyone offer any other ideas of what it could be. Cheers.............................

Disco' date=' what sort of symptoms are you experiencing with your motor? I also have a 1994 VR6, which at the moment is causing me a bit of grief :( . 99% of the time its sweet as a nut but lately [particularly when it's warm'], when I stop at a junction or lights etc, it sometimes dips right down in revs and then stalls. Even if you catch it in time and give it some revs it doesn't make a difference, it's like it's just decided to die.Straight afterwards it doesn't just turn over either, you've got to give it revs straight away to stop it from dying again. These symptoms seem similar to the description of the coolant sensor given. If not this, can anyone offer any other ideas of what it could be. Cheers.............................

coil pack was the problem with mine with the same problems

nah mine seems to be acting a bit different than that when its warm an im sittin in traffic the idle is jumpy but it doesnt cut out. well not yet anyway!! the only other thing thats happenin is when it really rains hard it feels like its not firin on all cylinders but even that seems to sort itself out when it warms up. rite im goin get these two parts changed. just out of interest does anybody know if i'll need get the codes cleared again once the parts have been changed because ive heard that if you dont get them cleared the computer still thinks they are faulty and ignores the new parts??? was i told right or wrong???