Any Rust Problems with a VR6

Guest ChesterBTM

Guest ChesterBTM

hi guys and gals.

i will soon be in the market for a new car so i have been reading around and a corrado VR6 is starting to really appeal to me especially with the black leather interior (the reviews rave about it). however my previous cars tended to be prone to rust (mainly fiestas)and i am forever grinding rust off them and fixing bodywork and respraying.

So my questions is to u clever people in the know, is rust an issue to a corrado and if so what are the problem areas that u should keep an eye on?

thanks very much for your help

Rob

no car rusts quite like a ford!! my friend had a fiesta that was 2 years old and far rustier than my 12 year old vw! mine's gone above the windscreen... a nightmare to get rid of as the rubber seal is bonded to the glass so is a windscreen out job to fix! :( so i guess you should make sure it isn't going there!

all the rados i've seen have been good, not very rusty, but i'm sure you know to look around the arches and sills for a good indicator for the condition of the belly of the beast! !lol

hope that helps a bit! Katie :)

Corrados are a bit of a mixed bag IMO, i had one and hated it, it was a 93 VR6 and failed its MOT on a rotten sill, and a few up this way have done the same since!!!!!!!1

Other than that i can offer no advice on the Corrado as I sold it after that expperience

Bad car !sad !sad